better late than never

·
Registered
273 Posts
i volunteer to help

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
This news isn't all that new. Wagoner said a while ago that easter was not possible and June was more likely. Now Bob is telling us July. From what I know the delay is not due to battery performance. The testing is just taking longer than expected.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
If this car comes to market in 2010 like they have said it would, it'll probably be December 31,2010. They can't rush this thing if they want it to work properly!

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
July is a good month to test the hot weather performance.

·
Registered
804 Posts
To be fair to GM, the production of the batteries is a little out of their control.
To be fair to GM, the comments of one of it's officers should be entirely within their control, and there's no reason for this non-event to impact GM's credibility like this (other than Lutz's out of control ego):

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/01/14/bob-lutz-has-egg-on-his-face-drivable-volt-in-june/

Bob - if you have to do this, why not at least build some slack into the date you give the media? Now Toyota - who's working on a Prius that only offers 8 miles of electric range, appears to know more about hybrids than GM, without even considering what happens if Toyota overdelivers.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,757 Posts
Now Toyota - who's working on a Prius that only offers 8 miles of electric range, appears to know more about hybrids than GM, without even considering what happens if Toyota overdelivers.
All one has to do is compare the 2-Mode to HSV to see that Toyota doesn't know more about hybrids than GM.
Don't worry about dates... above all else this thing must work and work reliably.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Again, I must remind myself that this is a GM fan site.

Honestly, the Volt is nothing short of the re-invention of the automobile. A delay or two is to expected. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel GM needs and deserves support for this project because a hell of a lot is riding on it.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
This news isn't all that new. Wagoner said a while ago that easter was not possible and June was more likely. Now Bob is telling us July. From what I know the delay is not due to battery performance. The testing is just taking longer than expected.
The delay was caused by the first test of the first mule requiring a full minute to reach 60 mph. They needed to find out the cause of this problem. Sounds like they have isolated the issue.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.