GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
Don't give up yet - everybody is going to to be 'reformulatin' the 'reformulatin' - for at least a while longer.

Lots of important stuff isn't even close to clear yet - one thing that is - is that the F150 'franchise' is way more important than anything else large and heavy for Ford.

We are probably - no almost certainly are entering a period where all the 'good things' cannot be pursued simultaneously.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Figure an F-100 would have shaved maybe 2-3 mpg of economy off of an F-150. If Ford thinks they have a serious shot of improving F-150 fuel economy another 3-4 mpg at no added cost to the consumer, reduced reliability, or reduced power... then it makes sense to run with it.

But of course, the risk is that the F-150 will soldier on with mid-pack economy. I really hope Ecoboost lives up to the hype.

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
Read some of these articles on why the F100 got shelved. It reads to me like Ford is very excited over how well the Ecoboost does.............. thus they do not see spending the money for the F100.

I guess we will see.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Not sure I like this. While better fuel efficiency is a good thing for the F-150, any improvements they could make there would go even further in the F-100. Worse yet, if the F-100 is shelved and the Ranger is still scheduled to be discontinued, then this means no truck smaller than the F-150 for some time.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure I like this. While better fuel efficiency is a good thing for the F-150, any improvements they could make there would go even further in the F-100. Worse yet, if the F-100 is shelved and the Ranger is still scheduled to be discontinued, then this means no truck smaller than the F-150 for some time.
Ford extended Ranger production into 2011, new grobal Ranger should get here in MY2012 which means it will launch right after the factory is closed.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Meh. Just update the ranger and make the F150 smaller, like the late nineties one. The Superduty will still be there if you wanna tow a yacht.

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Figure an F-100 would have shaved maybe 2-3 mpg of economy off of an F-150. If Ford thinks they have a serious shot of improving F-150 fuel economy another 3-4 mpg at no added cost to the consumer, reduced reliability, or reduced power... then it makes sense to run with it.

But of course, the risk is that the F-150 will soldier on with mid-pack economy. I really hope Ecoboost lives up to the hype.

New F-150 is supposed to lead the pack in fuel economy.
It certainly will lead in capability, always has.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
IMO whatwe have forgotten is that we already have the F100 here as in the Sportrack, IMO the sportrack all it needs its too loose some weight, offer it as a single half and full cab and get the ecoboost in it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts