GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Bloomberg) -- Dan Akerson, retired chief executive officer of General Motors Co., said Apple Inc. should steer clear of the business of making cars, though a push into automobile electronics would be a better move for the iPhone maker.

“I think somebody is kind of trying to cough up a hairball here,” Akerson said in a telephone interview. “If I were an Apple shareholder, I wouldn’t be very happy. I would be highly suspect of the long-term prospect of getting into a low-margin, heavy-manufacturing” business.
Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...erson-cautions-apple-on-trials-of-making-cars

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did a quick search, it did not seem that anyone had posted it yet.

Mock if repost.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm not 100% positive he really thought GM should be making cars either... He would rather sell cans of coke.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last -actually before last- Apple product that was laughed at was the iPhone.
Palm CEO even said that there is no way computer people can just walk in to the smartphone market -not exact words-.
Apple might or might not make a car, but if they did it shouldn't be dismissed even if it fails.

·
Registered
44,432 Posts
The media is nutsy-cuckoo.

Someone gets a hold of license plate registration and determines that a minivan, with a camera system attached to its roof is leased to Apple.
Common sense dictates that it is 3D street mapping vehicle.

But NOW, the story has morphed into "Apple is building an electric car/self-driving car/self-driving electric car that resembles a minivan."

W T F!!!!

My former boss, a high-up in silicon valley has been in the minivan. It's not a self-driving anything. In all common sense and reality, Apple is testing the next-generation of their Car-based Infosystem, which may or may not monitor key aspects of the car itself.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts

Someone gets a hold of license plate registration and determines that a minivan, with a camera system attached to its roof is leased to Apple.

But NOW, the story has morphed into "Apple is building an electric car/self-driving car/self-driving electric car that resembles a minivan."

W T F!!!!
HEY. WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?

Injecting common sense, analyzing Apple's deficiencies/weaknesses against possible uses for the spotted "prototype" and trying to deduce what's really going on given Apple's typical MO...

Get outta here, troll.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,314 Posts
Jobs drove around in a car without license plates.
I'm surprised some media didn't go "OMG... Apple's gonna make a car that doesn't need license plates!!!"

·
Registered
44,432 Posts
Jobs drove around in a car without license plates.
I'm surprised some media didn't go "OMG... Apple's gonna make a car that doesn't need license plates!!!"

Jobs found a loophole in CA law that allowed him to not put on plates. He would drive his 911 or SL-Class around for a few months. And when it came time to actually put on the plates, he would just trade it in for a new model and continue on his way.

For a man who didn't like showing off his wealth, he certainly had unique ways of showing it off.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I don't believe Dan Akerson should have an opinion or be interviewed like he matters.

Apple shouldn't be building cars, no, but whatever they do, I highly doubt they will be making cars like Tesla or GM.
Yeah, I bet you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the country who gives a shyte what he thinks about the auto industry (other than his wife perhaps).

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

W T F!!!!

My former boss, a high-up in silicon valley has been in the minivan. It's not a self-driving anything. In all common sense and reality, Apple is testing the next-generation of their Car-based Infosystem, which may or may not monitor key aspects of the car itself.
Was he using the van to make out with his secretary during lunch hour?

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
Throw in the banksters that play off all of them ( OEMs ) against each other..... and you have a pretty good list.

If it will help with the task that GM and Ford combined cannot make much if any headway with - of pulling down the Bankster's numero uno automotive pet ie Toyota, then it has @ least passed the first test.

Don't forget Whitacre.

·
Registered
21,361 Posts
"Dan Akerson Thinks"

Title should have just stopped right there, I might have read the story.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I'm not 100% positive he really thought GM should be making cars either... He would rather sell cans of coke.
Your killing me:lmao::lmao:

Jobs found a loophole in CA law that allowed him to not put on plates. He would drive his 911 or SL-Class around for a few months. And when it came time to actually put on the plates, he would just trade it in for a new model and continue on his way.

For a man who didn't like showing off his wealth, he certainly had unique ways of showing it off.
What was he, one of those 1%'rs that doesn't like to pay his FAIR SHARE !!! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts