The last race of this season's Monster Energy NASCAR Cup regular season will end with the Big Machine Vodka 400 at the Brickyard and Dale Earnhardt Jr will be on track in a Camaro.

Tapped to drive the pace car for the final race of the season, Earnhardt Jr follows Jeff Gordon, who paced the race last season. This will be the first year, though, that the race serves as the season-closer for the series.

"I am honored that Chevrolet asked me to drive the Camaro ZL1 Pace Car in one of the biggest races of the year," said Earnhardt. "The fan in me was already looking forward to this event. It's a big race. There is a lot at stake since it's the final chance for the teams and drivers to make the Playoffs. So, I hope to do a good job leading the field to the green flag, but I can promise you I'll soak in every minute and enjoy the Brickyard in a way I never have before."

The race will mark the 25th running of the Brickyard 400, a race that Earnhardt Jr competed in 17 times between 2000 and 2017.

"Everyone at IMS and all of our loyal fans can't wait to welcome back one of the most admired drivers to ever turn a wheel at IMS," says Indianapolis Motor Speedway president, J. Douglas Boles. "His role as Pace Car driver adds even more excitement to our action-packed week of racing, music and family fun."