GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me which should be updated or discontinued! I think the vans should be changed in my opinion, they just weren't changed enough.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
PT Cruiser is getting a little long in the tooth. But it's already been announced that it's getting an update.

I still think the minivans look great. The 2005 makeover wasn't big on the outside, but it was important and groundbreaking on the inside. The styling is still one of the best looking of all the minivans (at least in my book). Way better than the CSVs.

I expect most of the Chrysler Sedans will start to take cues from the 300c.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
i think the neon is stuck somewhere between cute and classy... not a good place to be. it never graduated from 'hi', and its cute round headlights. when i see a neon i instantly think of the cimarron... neon looks like it's trying to mimic a bigger, more expensive car... but does a very poor job.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
DC wiped out Dodges big van and replaced them with these ugly assed things

:blink: :lol:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I was looking at a new Sebring the other day in the parking lot-- it was downright sad... The interior barely topped my old Beretta.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Mr_Pringle@Feb 26 2004, 03:48 AM
I was looking at a new Sebring the other day in the parking lot-- it was downright sad... The interior barely topped my old Beretta.
no joke, i think the beretta interior was pretty damn slick. might be outta date today... but really was pretty good for the day.

those dodge vans be UG-LEEEEE! they'll make fine acordian-top camper van conversions!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I don't find anything wrong with the updated DC vans. They have the most innovative feature in their class and pretty slick styling that's better than the Sienna and GM CSVs.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sebring (Stratus or "Stratass" as one owner I knew called it) has been a cheap, crappy looking, underpowered car from day one. They have only recently began to look like you could accept it as a loaner but thats after years and years of being sub-standard rip offs. You could only convince a high school kid drunk on getting a new anything or a complete idiot to take one off the lot. Kill it already!

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Originally posted by idontcareican@May 2 2004, 05:17 AM
Sebring (Stratus or "Stratass" as one owner I knew called it) has been a cheap, crappy looking, underpowered car from day one.
From day one, like, 1995? When they (with the Cirrus) were intro'ed back then, almost everyone in the automotive world were agreeing that they were amazingly good looking. You're entitled to your own opinion, though. What were the JA-cars competing against back then, again? Oh yeah, Chevy Corsica...what a winner.

2nd gen Stratus isn't nearly as good-looking, I'll agree with you on that.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I hate to say this but, the Cirrus, Stratus, and Breeze were nice looking, low quality piece of junk sedans that never got the job done. They had all the right ideas, but with the typical incompetent, moronic Chrysler management, they cut corners - too many corners. These cars were just like the smoke and mirrors of Chrysler's revivial in the 90s. The soaring profits and acclaims were hiding the cheap material and poor engineering at the time. The new Stratus and Sebring sedans are better built, but aren't as good looking. They might as well fall off the face of the earth. I don't think people will care. However, knowing that the Germans are in charge of Chrysler and that Mitsubishi, Hyundai, and Chrysler are working together, the next cloud cars will be 100,000 times better. GM and Ford better be paying attention because if they don't they will be squashed.

You see, I finally realized that, after all these years of supporting Chrysler, that Chrysler never knew how to make a good car. It just never had a clue. The Germans will show them the right direction and then, only then will Chrysler match up with Honda and Toyota. Lord knows they couldn't do it by themselves.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
As for the poll. I really don't care what they fix, but if I had any feelings, I would vote for the 2004 Durango. What an ugly SUV. I can't think of anything that ugly in the SUV market. The previous Durango looked great but had terrible build quality and engineering. At least it looked good. Unfortunately, that has been a normal comment about the old Chrysler - the products look good but they have terrible quality. I can see why people refer to them as "beautiful junk".

In any case, the 2004 Durango has my vote for the vehicle that needs help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts