GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Holden Statesman/Caprice and Middle Eastern Chevrolet Caprice is joined by a Daewoo rebadge of the same vehicle.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Certainly a step up to a "real" car for Daewoo buyers in Korea.;)

Imagine the first time a Daewoo loyalist stomps on the gas, and gets RWD torque monster power to the wheels. This, for people used to lightweight, FWD, economy cars. :D

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Koreans already have V8 and RWD cars on the market, just not from Daewoo. Ssangyong has the Chairman, a very nice sedan based on an older Mercedes-Benz E-Class design. Hyundai has the Equus, a V8-powered luxury sedan that rivals most luxury cars on the US market for interior quality.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
*takes deeeep breath*

WHY DOES DAEWOO/KOREA GET THE CAR WHEN IN AMERICA, WE GET NOTHING BUT FWD, V6 MODELS WITH HORRID QUALITY AND FEEL!! WHY GM, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US!! AHHHHHHHHH

not fair... not fair at all. :angry: :mrt:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Mar 30 2004, 03:41 PM
*takes deeeep breath*

WHY DOES DAEWOO/KOREA GET THE CAR WHEN IN AMERICA, WE GET NOTHING BUT FWD, V6 MODELS WITH HORRID QUALITY AND FEEL!! WHY GM, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US!!  AHHHHHHHHH

not fair... not fair at all.    :angry:  :mrt:
THE ANSWER IS...........C.A.F.E......

Ken

·
Registered
815 Posts
*takes deeeep breath*

WHY DOES DAEWOO/KOREA GET THE CAR WHEN IN AMERICA, WE GET NOTHING BUT FWD, V6 MODELS WITH HORRID QUALITY AND FEEL!! WHY GM, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US!! AHHHHHHHHH

GM has the GTO which is the Holden Monaro.

;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
*takes deeeep breath*

We already had a version of the Holden Statesman, it was called the Cadillac Catera it was just sans the Statesman's V8. It was a flop, and I for one am glad we have the CTS now.

·
Registered
954 Posts
the Catera was an opel omega.

The Statesman is a LWB version of the commodore which is based on the omega, but the chassis and interior has been stretched and totally changed that there are now virtually no parts in common. They just arnt the same

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
bigal is dead right!

this statesman thing for sure would have been cheaper than the gto. AND IS 4 DOOR!!!
not anyone needs a 2 door...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I know about the GTO, Im talking about a RWD sedan for Buick.
The catera was opel based, not VX/VY based, and it sure as hell didnt have a 350hp LS1 under the hood backed by a 6spd manual... I acualy have seen it done as a project car, but thats another story :D .
Im talking about a statesman for Buick. The lines, luxury, ride etc etc is DEAD ON with Buick. Even the name "Statesman" sounds Buick! No, daewoo, maker of crappy cars and crappier electronics, gets a LS1 powerd, RWD sedan while we are stuck in FWD hell.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by kmacleod+Mar 30 2004, 05:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kmacleod @ Mar 30 2004, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@Mar 30 2004, 03:41 PM
*takes deeeep breath*

WHY DOES DAEWOO/KOREA GET THE CAR WHEN IN AMERICA, WE GET NOTHING BUT FWD, V6 MODELS WITH HORRID QUALITY AND FEEL!! WHY GM, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US!!  AHHHHHHHHH

not fair... not fair at all.    :angry:  :mrt:
THE ANSWER IS...........C.A.F.E......

Ken [/b][/quote]
how did I miss this post..

thats 100% total and pure from the moutains BS! The LS1 fbody was a LEV for god sakes! Not to mention the high mpg you can get. With a (low numericly) rear end like 2.73, and overdrive 4spd trans, this car could get as good gas milage as a v6 model. Not to metion that the V6 would be standard, and the V8 would be an option, so that would take care of any CAFE conserns. Does anyone not see this? Is it just me? Am I losing my mind? Only thing that would hold this back is 2 things
1, the production of a Buick Statesman would probably quintople production of what Holden can produce. The GTO's 18k units alone doubled the production of teh Monaro and they had to open a third shift.
2, Unions. the CAW and or UAW would have a hissy fit. Which leads me into my next rant, why didnt GM NA bring a VX/VY chassis here to the US? Probably due to the "saftey" factor that FWD has.
anyway, Zeta should clear this up in a few years... but it might be too late.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think all G.M. subs. need a rear wheel drive version to play with.
Especially Saturn.
But that Daewoo rebadge is nice.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Why do all Holden cars look so absolutely BORING. Bland and boring Holden. It very well may be a nice car but damn it's a snoozer in the looks department. Like everything else they make.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts