GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As everyone knows I am getting my Corvette tomorrow (if it comes in!). Today my dad was by the Saturn dealer and he bought a VUE off the lot. $5000 or so in rebates plus GMS for a cost of around $17k. The car is a VUE XE with Heated Seats and Roof Rails. It is Ruby Red with a Gray interior (I have to double check the interior color).

He picks it up tomorrow, and yes as always he steals my thunder by getting a new car at the same time I do!

So now we have a 2004 BMW 530i (Mom's), 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i (Dad's summer toy), 2008 Saturn VUE XE (Dad's) and a 2008 Chevy Corvette (Mine).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Re: Dad steals my thunder, buys new VUE off the lot!

Funny stuff. Congrats to your father. Sounds like he got a great deal. It looks great inside and out.

·
Registered
832 Posts

Congrats to him. Sounds like he got a heck of a deal on the Vue. Trying to talk my mom in to one of those or the Outlook and out of her 'Nox. She hates it and looking for something soon. Let us know how he like it.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

Dang, your family sure buys cars a lot. Was his Saab a lease?

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Dang, your family sure buys cars a lot. Was his Saab a lease?
Yea, my dad and I are car nuts. His Saab was also a lease, he paid about $1000 to get out of it, but with the deal he got it was worth it.

Although with all of these cars being owned by us instead of leased, I can't see us getting anything for a while, the exception being whatever I get for "the winters" this fall.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
11,071 Posts

Get some pics up! Okay we'll wait until the 'vette comes in!!

·
Registered
108 Posts

Can you explain it to me how you got about $5000 in rebates? I'm considering a vue and would love to save that much money.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Can you explain it to me how you got about $5000 in rebates? I'm considering a vue and would love to save that much money.
There is $1500 in cash for anyone who owns a 99 or newer car (Conquest or Loyalty), then there is $1500 for having an outside loan, paying in cash, or taking a HIGH GMAC rate (like 8%), finally he got $2000 off for going with GMAC (or that is what I understand).

Basically he is putting $9000 down, financing the rest and then in about 90 days he will pay off the loan (basically he took the loan to get the extra rebates).

I think the rebates only apply to old inventory as well.

·
Premium Member
34,350 Posts

Cograts to you papa dunspinnts..
Please get the pictures posted here as soon as you get the vehicles home

·
Registered
9,682 Posts

In for pics.

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts

Steals thunder?
OR..Adds to the Storm...
It is all in the 'perception'.
A word I see a lot around here. :)

It could be he simply was motivated by you...his son.
Your minds are more in sync.

Also...HOW can a Vue steal thrunder from a Corvette? hehe!

I think it is great that your Dad is willing to enjoy a new ride along with his son...

That is how I 'perceive it' anyways. ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts

There is $1500 in cash for anyone who owns a 99 or newer car (Conquest or Loyalty), then there is $1500 for having an outside loan, paying in cash, or taking a HIGH GMAC rate (like 8%), finally he got $2000 off for going with GMAC (or that is what I understand).

Basically he is putting $9000 down, financing the rest and then in about 90 days he will pay off the loan (basically he took the loan to get the extra rebates).

I think the rebates only apply to old inventory as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,424 Posts

Dad picks up his car today at 4 pm. Pictures will come after he gets home.
What about your car? ;)

·
Registered
9,751 Posts

I bet your mom is getting a little bit jealous- when's she getting in on the new car action?

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 47 Posts