GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Dad got a new car...

He will pick up the car on Wednesday, so pictures then.

He will be driving his Saab until the end of April when he will probably drive the Z4 and the Saab.

I'll be driving my Saab until I get my Corvette, which I am trying to do in the next 2 months, unless I get a 2009 (depends on GMAC lease pull-ahead options).

I'll be getting a winter car when his Saab goes back in October/November.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts

He will be driving his Saab until the end of April when he will probably drive the Z4 and the Saab.

I'll be driving my Saab until I get my Corvette, which I am trying to do in the next 2 months, unless I get a 2009 (depends on GMAC lease pull-ahead options).

I got your winter car right here! :D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts

My dad's buddy has something like that, a 1966 Corvette that he has sitting in his garage.
Unless you need/desire the utility of something like a regular 2-door or 4-door......why not score another 'vette like that?? ;)

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Unless you need/desire the utility of something like a regular 2-door or 4-door......why not score another 'vette like that?? ;)
Bad thing is that '66 has not been driven in 20 years has a layer of dust on it, no brakes, needs an engine rebuild and all new fluids and hoses. Tires are a must, and it probably needs a minor resto job on the interior.

Even worse problem is he will never sell the damn thing.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts

Ah so you decided on the Corvette? I can't remember. ;)

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Dad got a new car... (Now with Pictures)

Is your father aware that he accidentally purchased one with an automatic transmission??

Heh, my Dad and I used to race each other when I had my 300C and he had his C5 Z51 Convertible.
He's old and he doesn't like to shift anymore.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

Very cool. Congratulations to him.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

So we found the sticker today.

The car has Extended Leather, meaning the entire Door (except for the lower 20%) is leather, the sun visors are leather, and the center console has leather accents. The only thing not leather is the Dash.

Original price was $46,900.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.