GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can handle somewhat of a wait for my gto. This not having any information on when it will get here or what the hold up is, is why I have to give them poor marks. Also losing out on yr end pull aheads leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
What do you other (maybe) soon to be owners think. Cast your vote and give a reason. One more reason is I have a down payment on mine and I'm finding out dealers have gto's that have not even been purchased yet. How's that fair?

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's sad really. Pontiac had an excellent opportunity to win over a whole new group of customers and they blew it.

1) Pre-order was a joke
2) TPW's were a joke - mine moved back 2 months
3) 60-90 day delivery after TPW is the biggest joke

Here's the latest. After your TPW you wait roughly 30 days to ship out. Ship takes 20 - 25 days. Cars are taking 20 - 30 days to clear customs. Shipping via rail across country is taking between 30 - 40 days. Somebody better wake these boys up. 100 days minimum to 125 days or more.

The best part is while we wait we get to watch unscrupulous dealers who forged orders now dumping the cars on Ebay at $5,000 over MSRP! God Bless 'em. :brick:

·
Registered
129 Posts
How is it GM's fault that the shipping is taking far longer than it should? I do agree that they should have better information however.
Oh I don't know. I just thought that a multi-billion dollar global economic super power of a car company could maybe figure out the logistics of moving a car from point A to point B. You know, it's not like it's thier business or anything. It would just be nice to know where my $30,000+ investment is. It's just real damned inconvenient when your told your car will arrive sometime between November 1st and March 1st. I would think that GM would want to know as well. I'm probably wrong. I'm just so damned picky about stuff like that.

Just pisses me off that the Foreign car companies do it all day long and GM fumbles. My advice to GM is to raise their expectations for themselves along with their market share. Now that would truly be something, now wouldn't it? 28% market share can easily be achieved when you distance yourself from the competition with quality, service and commitment. C'mon fellas, trust me on this one. It'll feel sooooo good to do it right. In fact, it becomes its own reward.

·
Registered
129 Posts
No one who really ordered one would say very good. Except for Wanger maybe.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice try whoever voted though. The 'REAL' GTO buyers know better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts