GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by patentmike@Dec 18 2003, 05:20 PM
I heard that Saturn would be unveiling something called the "Curve" in Detroit. Anybody known anything about that one?
The Saturn Curve will be a Kappa based concept that will feature Saturn's future design strategy. Think of it as the next generation SKY. I am not sure if it will be a coupe/convertable/targa/other, or where it will debut but probably at NAIAS since its Saturn's only concept.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Dec 18 2003, 08:50 PM
What information has been given there that isn't listed here already?
It offers hints on how its styled.

There is also info in the orinigal "Kappa Talk Here" thread.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Dec 18 2003, 08:59 PM
I said it before, I'll say it again:

After following that link I really didn't learn anything new.
Ditto, its just more words. I just say is straight and to the point. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, so we've established that niether site knows a whole lot about it or has a picture. I don't get the rivalry issue, it's not like they were Ford people or something. :rudolph:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by patentmike@Dec 19 2003, 05:15 AM
OK, so we've established that niether site knows a whole lot about it or has a picture. I don't get the rivalry issue, it's not like they were Ford people or something. :rudolph:
There isnt a rivalry.... :rolleyes: :lol: What else would you like to know? It will debut at NAIAS, its kappa based, and it will show the future styling direction of of Saturn. What else is there to know? And even if a site had pictures, we would not be allowed to put them up because they are embargoed until January. :(

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by patentmike@Dec 19 2003, 08:51 AM
Thanks for setting me straight. There is no rivalry between this site and "The place where GM insiders get THEIR news" .
;)
Riight...Just...a lot of...umm...SPIRITED people! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE+Dec 19 2003, 07:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Dec 19 2003, 07:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-patentmike@Dec 19 2003, 05:15 AM
OK, so we've established that niether site knows a whole lot about it or has a picture.  I don't get the rivalry issue, it's not like they were Ford people or something. :rudolph:
There isnt a rivalry.... :rolleyes: :lol: What else would you like to know? It will debut at NAIAS, its kappa based, and it will show the future styling direction of of Saturn. What else is there to know? And even if a site had pictures, we would not be allowed to put them up because they are embargoed until January. :( [/b][/quote]
Now wait a minute.

I thought you guys didn't care that the STS pic was embargoed because you couldn't get in trouble. I guess that wasn't the case, was it?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Northstar,

Why do you have to make every post into an argument?

This thread is about the Saturn Curve. It has nothing to do with Cadillac, or previously posted pictures. We have explained the STS removal. Look in the proper thread.

Get on topic.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
now, tell me the truth, is there pics of this car out there, or are they embargoed so that no one can show them? If this car is a dipiction of where saturn is going, as is the Ion, etc then this concept should have tons of weird sheet metal angles and a horrible front end. I like the Ion, but they could have way better.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Dec 24 2003, 03:22 AM
now, tell me the truth, is there pics of this car out there, or are they embargoed so that no one can show them? If this car is a dipiction of where saturn is going, as is the Ion, etc then this concept should have tons of weird sheet metal angles and a horrible front end. I like the Ion, but they could have way better.
Im sure there are pictures of the Curve, however those pictures would be embargoed. Hopefully this embargo is obeyed by other sites. <_<

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
There are pictures. I have seen them. I can't describe them without breaking the embargo, but I can say for sure that it is a new look for Saturn. Certain angles will remind you of a previous GM model, but the car is really all new.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts