GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,988 Posts
I'm pretty excited about the possibilities of the Kappa platform more so than I am about the Curve specifically. The fact that GM decided to build a Saturn version of it makes me kind of think (wishfully?) that maybe the division's products won't remain an after-thought in the eyes of GM's product planners. Saturn always seemed to be more about 'the experience' rather than its cars, as evidenced by the S-series, which soldiered on way too long before the prosaic Ion replaced it, and the L-series, which never really seemed to hit the mark.

Maybe the Curve is a blessing in disguise?

· Registered
8,988 Posts
Originally posted by sykboy@Jan 10 2004, 01:30 PM
Has it occured to anyone that this car would compete DIRECTLY with the solstice in a relatively small market (really only the miata and maybe MR2). Doesn't this seem a little like cutting the solstice in 1/2?? I mean, there's only so many people who buy 20K roadsters unlike the 90K ones that people will willingly buy one if the right style or name comes along. And sorry to every but the Solstice is perfect (save the engine) but the curve is just plain ugly, can anyone say Edsel coupe?????
It would not, IMO. THe sol is a two seat convertible roadster. The curve is a four seat coupe. I see them hitting quite different markets. The Curve is more of a Sport Compact with RWD, IMO.
I would have to agree with sykboy on this one...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.