GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the latest edition of Diesel Power Mag, they had an article where Dodge engineers were testing a Cummins powered Power Wagon.

The reason for not having one in production already has something to do with the turbo intercooler being obstructed from something to do with the Power Wagon package.

They are saying that maybe MY 2011 or 2012 we could see a production Power Wagon powered by the diesel Cummins.

I'd have to say that would be really cool to see.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read about it in recent Fourwheeler and 4Wheel & Offroad articles, sounds like a stout package.
Does it ever, and unless Ford and GM offer something similar, it won't have any competition, equipped with a diesel that is.

I sure like to see it make it to production.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would love to see this vehicle as well. The HEMI is a nice engine. With the lower gears it probably does pretty well but there is no substitute for the low end torque of a diesel in off road situations. I might buy this truck. I love the fact that it is a throwback to the days when trucks were really trucks, not just grocery getters. The better gas mileage of the diesel might just be what makes me pull the trigger on this great truck package.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Does it ever, and unless Ford and GM offer something similar, it won't have any competition, equipped with a diesel that is.
One of the articles said that Ford is going to stop offering the manual transmission with their diesel engines which would leave only Dodge offering a diesel/manual combination. I think its a mistake on Ford's part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts