GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy been itching to run my CTS-V since I got her. After spending the afternoon detailing our cars and snapping some pix we got a chance to open 'em up. Poor ******* never had a chance.

Me = :roflmao:

Him = :brick:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
That is 1 beautiful car.....Congrats 2 U, U lucky *******!. Send more pics I could look @ them all day :zippy: .

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Aye. I only wish I could have been there to have given her a better run for her money, or at least to have raced the Mustang for the -right- to race you.

Congrats, and enjoy to the fullest.

:drunk:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice vehicle. Have you had a chance to utilize the on board "G" sensor? B) I'm sure that little sensor would get me in trouble pretty quick. Enjoy.......

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spartan,

The 'g' meter is really fun to use. It also shows launch g's as well. As you can see my best peak g has been left for 1.07 g's. The meter maxes @ 1.13.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
nice...

when V6's are putting out 20 more hp then a V8, you know Ford was falling behind. Sad sad little car.

sounds like you're having a great time with that car!!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Feb 23 2004, 12:17 AM
nice...

when V6's are putting out 20 more hp then a V8, you know Ford was falling behind. Sad sad little car.

sounds like you're having a great time with that car!!
HUH? The CTS-V doesn't have a V6, it uses the Corvette's Ls6 V8.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I actually thought the topic was a joke. The Mustang never stood a chance.
I would like to see an M5 and M3 comparison done by someone other than Car and Driver.
Your CTS V is a very nice car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments. GM did this one right. Absolutely love the car. I had a couple of issues with the Car and Driver article as well. They say that the CTS-V is drag limited to 163mph. After this weekend I can assure that it is not. It in fact pulls very hard from 100 to 163 with no drama. Turning around 4,500 rpms in 6th gear at 163 before the electronic cut-off kicks in. The drag or redline limited top speed would be somewhere north of 180mph.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by Canuck@Feb 23 2004, 07:04 PM
I actually thought the topic was a joke. The Mustang never stood a chance.
I would like to see an M5 and M3 comparison done by someone other than Car and Driver.
Your CTS V is a very nice car.
That's what I think. Unless if it is an SVT Cobra, it's not a fair compro. A Jaguar S Type R would also make for a good compro.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts