For 2005 the CTS-V will get these....

Exterior Color 29U (WA-964L) Red Line. Red Line available at extra cost
Exterior Color 46U (WA-928L) Stealth Gray

One new interior color: 133 Light Gray

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Originally posted by cvp33@Mar 29 2004, 07:55 PM
New rear suspension option (FG2) coming as well. Supposedly to address wheel hop issues.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...genum=1&butID=3
Kind of funny. You can get the excessive wheel hop standard, but need and option package to get rid of it. This wheel hop problem has been universally critized by the press. It must be hard to address without making the ride harsh or something. That's only way this makes sense.

Mark

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wonder if Redline red is going to be the same color as the actual redline on the guages...that would be cool B) .

·
Registered
790 Posts
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Mar 30 2004, 06:55 PM

If you go and look at the regular CTS options you will see the new standard 6 speed manual for the CTS! Making the base CTS an impressive performance bargain, 255Hp with a standard 6 speed, all for about $31,000.
i hope to own one of these in a few years, proabably about 3 or 4 cars down the line. im getting a new car in a few weeks, probably a 98-01 malibu for now, then move on to a caddy in about six months, then on my way back to oregon i will sell that and put up some extra cash for a 2000 STS, then when i head back up to alaska, or right before i will probably sell that and get an 03 CTS with some cash in the bank. and i think i will be happy with that for a year, then move up to the 255hp 6speed. its the kind of car i really like, and im going to take steps into getting one, buy low and sell high while i work outside of school and save up for the "upgrades"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree this car would look good in any color. I am new to this forum, as far as posting anything. Although I have been reading for months now. Very Good stuff, it is great information, and influenced my recent purchase of a 2004 CTS-V! Thought about a GTO, but I don't really like Pontiacs. I never even thought about Cadillac before either, but after reading all the great things about the CTS-V I had to have it! I have to say this is the most awesome car I have ever driven! Cadillac did an absolutely fantastic job, well done!

2004 CTS-V
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, just the sticker price. Although I did get more out of my trade than NADA or Kelly Blue Book said it was worth, so I was really pleased. I found the CTS-V on Gmbuypower.com, emailed the closest three for quotes,then went with the best deal. One dealership wanted 5,000 over sticker even though I told them I could get one for sticker within a two hour drive of them. Too bad for them! You gotta get one of these cars if you can, it is 51,195.00, but worth every penny!!! Especially for Black Raven, which is the color I chose.

Oh, I totally recommend Gmbuypower.com also. It was really easy to use.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you've got a digital camera - post some pics! IMO, owner pics are more valuable than those corporate / magazine toched up ones that are realesed to the press.

·
Registered
633 Posts
"It must be hard to address without making the ride harsh or something. That's only way this makes sense"

What are you new to GM, fixing ther poor design costs money, so they take there time and then charge the consumer to fix it.

Hmmm CTS-V 50K or better performance with the STI, EVO 30K hard choice :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by geronimo66@Apr 6 2004, 12:11 PM
"It must be hard to address without making the ride harsh or something. That's only way this makes sense"

What are you new to GM, fixing ther poor design costs money, so they take there time and then charge the consumer to fix it.

Hmmm CTS-V 50K or better performance with the STI, EVO 30K  hard choice  :rolleyes:
Personal Preference. i would pick the CTS-V over an EVO anyday. F *** cars

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by geronimo66@Apr 6 2004, 05:11 PM
Hmmm CTS-V 50K or better performance with the STI, EVO 30K hard choice :rolleyes:
Let's quit with this talk about the STi and Evo performing better than a CTS-V. The only way to get better times out of eitherthe STi or the Evo is with 6000 rpm clutch drops. But then I suppose you have a rack in your garage and your brother-in-law is a Subaru parts distributor, so it doesn't matter to you.

The performance of the Sube and the EVO is very impressive for their price, but they are small, noisy, rough-riding cars with uneven power delivery. If that's all you want, fine. Room and refinement with this level of performance costs money.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The EVO and the STi are very cute cars.

I never was one to own a "cute" car. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.