GM Inside News Forum banner

CTS Resale Prices - Is This Significant Depreciation?

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  megeebee 
#1 · (Edited)
I was wondering what everyone thinks about CTS resale prices. A dealer not far from me has (among others), the following pre-owned CTS's for sale:

2014 CTS AWD 3.6 Performance model with 6,585 miles. Asking price: $43,500
2014 CTS AWD 3.6 Luxury model with 9,388 miles. Asking price: $35,800
2014 CTS AWD 3.6 Luxury model with 15,945 miles. Asking price: $35,378
2014 CTS AWD 2.0 Turbo model with 958 miles. Asking price: $34,500

These prices seem very low considering what I think these cars must have stickered at when new. Is CTS really depreciating as fast as it seems by these prices, or am I wrong? With deals like these, I will buy used rather than new.

#2 ·
Re: CTS Resale Prices - Is This Significant Depresiation?

I don't see a reason to buy new either (not that I would). Is the 2014 CTS and beyond going to end up like the STS in the used market :dro:?. I can nice get a STS-V for about $35k or less 2nd hand:friday::drive:.

#3 ·

Wow someone didn't like their 2.0T very much.

#5 ·

Yes it's significant depreciation. Nothing to get worried about because the luxury class has always taken significant hits in depreciation. The higher the initial MSRP the quicker the depreciation it seems. The S-Class and 7 Series have always been a great way to lose a ton of money in short order.

#6 ·

I d bet they are executive demos and considering the new inventory discounts I'd suggest these prices to be fair..(without knowing actual MSRP )

Cadillacs got high inventory because in this segment it's all about the subsidized lease deal and the Germans are in a race amongst themselves so by not fault to Cadillac the Germans are 20 to 25 percent less to lease with the same money down....

Buying new Cadillacs can make sense ....as the discounts should be massive as they begin to try and make room for the 2015 s....or buy these executive demos....

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...er-affordable-luxury-consumer-reports-189545/

Dealer demo models just make it easier to hide the subsidy

Good luck

#8 · (Edited)

Speaking of the CTS I wonder if Cadillac will give us an early Christmas present ( or Hanukkah gift or whatever floats your boat)in the form of a sneak peek at the CTS-V series? It's only a few weeks away so hopefully they'll start teasing a few details any day now.

#9 · (Edited)

I bet they are demos because I don't think anyone would purchase the car and then decided they did not want it in 3 - 10 months later, big waste of money. Usually the dealer will have you take the car home, if enough inventory is applicable, and most people will decide from there, were use as test drive examples and loaners.

Also, no need to worry because the CTS reliability is above average.

#10 ·

With loads of inventory....manufacturers offer motivate dealers to create preowned demo vehicles at lower prices than new but still offer full warranties and can still be financed as new...

#11 ·

Absolutely true.
With CTS inventory over 12,000, Cadillac should be looking at very attractive leasing to get buyers into the showroom.
Any incentives that reduce inventory will drive down those second hand prices mentioned in the OP
but Cadillac buyers both new and used will be the big beneficiaries.

#12 ·

CTS Resale Prices - Is This Significant Depresiation?
Is that the same thing as Depreciation?

Reactions: TheNewStandard
#15 ·

Well you can buy a brand new V Sport with $14k knocked off...another member just did

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.