GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CTS and new STS are pictured one after the other on this page of GMI:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.ph...?showtopic=4286

Click through and check them out. The pictures make a very instructive comparison, given that they are taken from exactly the same angle.

And there's only one conclusion: The STS is awfully darned bland compared to the CTS. Note how flat the hood is by comparison. The nice dip of the grill into the bumper that makes the the CTS look so agressive is gone. Indeed, the Cadillac crest shape of the grill that the CTS brought back so nicely is all but gone on the STS. And the peaked fenders are gone. All the styling features that made the CTS (and the XLR and the SRX) so distinctive have been dumbed down.

Dare I utter the ultimate insult: it looks like a Kia that wants to be a Caddy? (No, OK, let's be fair. We haven't seen the whole car yet. Besides, the Koreans prefer to imitate British cars.)

This is disappointing. It reminds me of the total loss of styling nerve that took hold at GM in the 90's and brought us the (still) current STS - a pale imitation of its elegant predecessor. Cadillac was just getting its mojo back, and it now looks like they've lost their nerve big time.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I think your wrong. I think the STS still carries the same style the CTS, XLR, and SRX have. I am not seeing the dull design you all talk about. I see the same sharp angled lines you find on the rest of the brand. It doesnt look bland at all. It looks very in your face with that grill, as do all Caddies do. I think this car is an awesome step twards a higher luxury class car for Caddy.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
While I agree that the STS does not have the same aggressive cues as the CTS I think that it has aggressive cues in different areas...take a look at the rear wheel wells and the side of the STS, it is far more aggressively styled than the side of the CTS. So what if the Fascia of the STS doesn't look the same as the CTS? it's not supposed to, they're two different vehicles.

·
Registered
43,795 Posts
I don't see how everyone can say the STS is "bland" from 1 picture.
STS has different styling cues than the CTS. I didn't want a "larger CTS." And the design is a bit more refined and "segment appropriate." Also, I think the STS is more aggrissive in other areas without having the angular look.

I wouldn't say it's bland. Just more refined. Which is just fine for a sedan in that market segment.
Wou want bland? Take a look at the A6.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
exactly, its no gunna look like a bigger CTS. The STS is still a very agressive car and no one will be able to look at it and say it looks like a (fill in here) they will say, oh thats a Caddy. And if that interior looks like the ones that were taken... good lawd they are gunna make a killing.

If you want bland, look at the Pheaton, the LS430, and A8, and S series.
At leas the 7 is very distingusable. Looks like they be rollin on dubs!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts