GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
The coupe will feature a backup camera which is not currently found on the sedan, and won't have traditional door handles, but rather a touch-pad setup instead.
Backup camera=awesome.
What's the touch-pad setup like?

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
No mystery, they are going to be like the ones on the Corvette and XLR.

It looks like the wheel and dashboard are alcantara/suede, or it could just be a rough prototype finish.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Full hardtop would have been really really awsomest.

I dont understand, Mercedes-Benz can do it. Why not GM?

(I know cost issues, but I wonder how much more per unit it would increase the price of the CTS coupe, If it were an argument against a hardtop Cobalt I could understand, but the CTS coupe is going to be expensive anyway.)

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
GM does do it in the G6

No.

By hardtop I mean, all the windows go down, even the ones in the back seat.

The only G6 that is a "hardtop" is the convertible, the coupe still has fixed quarter glass, though it does have frameless door glass like the CTS coupe shows here, so there is the possiblity that there will be a convertible CTS.

The Camaro has frameless glass too, I believe.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
this is one sexy car, will be interesting on how Caddy does this car

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Cost and feasibility studies have killed the concept's glass-to-glass side windows, in favor of a visible B-pillar
same old song all over again, GM luxury = cost cutting luxury.
I can accept it on 25K Camaro, but not 50K Cadillac.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
No.

By hardtop I mean, all the windows go down, even the ones in the back seat.

The only G6 that is a "hardtop" is the convertible, the coupe still has fixed quarter glass, though it does have frameless door glass like the CTS coupe shows here, so there is the possiblity that there will be a convertible CTS.

The Camaro has frameless glass too, I believe.
The B-Pillar stuff and fixed windows is due to safety regs. You'd never get those approved.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
looks good hopefully this car does good when it goes into production

·
Registered
4,391 Posts

·
Banned
17,572 Posts

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
I always amazed when people would rather add 200lbs to a car so they could get rid of a b-pillar. I could see it in a 4 door because in a 4 door the b-pillar is right in your periphial vision which is one of the main reasons I hate 4 door cars. In a coupe the doors are long enough so that the b-pillar never blocks your vision.

Then from the outside you cant even see it with tinted windows. You can't be much of an enthusiast to want such a fluff item that comes with so much added weight in order to get rid of it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts