GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I wonder if this is the same company that was making those Escalade convertibles, Lincoln Navigator convertibles, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
Larry Moran from Coachbuilders in Florida sent me their rendition of the new CTS convertible. Pretty sharp. He also told me that they will be converting the Coupe into a convertible, once its out.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Cadillac CTS convertible: American coachbuilding at its finest

While Cadillac busies itself with a 2-door version of the new CTS sedan, the folks over at Coach Builders,

continue at the link

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
A 4 door convertible just isn't quite "right" but I think it looks pretty good in a CTS. Perhaps GM will offer a 2 door drop from the factory...?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Re: Cadillac CTS convertible: American coachbuilding at its finest

I dunno bout this thing.. but i bet we see a convertible off the coupe version!

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts

I dunno bout this thing.. but i bet we see a convertible off the coupe version!
If you look a couple of posts above yours, i mentioned that Coachbuilders will have a convertible version of the coupe available.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts

If you look a couple of posts above yours, i mentioned that Coachbuilders will have a convertible version of the coupe available.
take a read with what Inside Line got out of GM... doesn't sound too promising of a production version making it so this might be the only recourse available :(

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126280

·
Registered
5,107 Posts

take a read with what Inside Line got out of GM... doesn't sound too promising of a production version making it so this might be the only recourse available :(

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126280
Yeah, the death of the CTS convertible has been discussed in other threads already.

Sad that in a couple of years, Cadillac will be the only full-line luxury brand to not offer a convertible or roadster (no, I don't consider Lincoln and Acura luxury brands). That's compared to 4 from BMW, 3 from Mercedes (not counting the SLR), and 2 from Lexus.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hopefully, CoachBuildersLtd. will build a real Convertible from the CTC when it comes out, since the factory has nixed plans for one. It would be worth the added cost, although I just don't like the concept of a four door conversion convertible, compared to conversion of a real Coupe!;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts