GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT – Cadillac sales in the U.S. grew by 2.6 percent in January, driven by strong sales of the CTS sports sedan and the Escalade SUV. CTS total sales climbed 35 percent year over year in January, while Escalade total sales soared by 149 percent year over year. Total XTS luxury sedan sales also improved by 14 percent.

The Escalade also helped to bolster Cadillac sales in Canada and the Middle East, which were up 22 percent and 26.5 percent year-over-year, respectively.

Wholesale Cadillac vehicle sales in China were down by 11.7 year over year; however, sales of the ATS lineup more than doubled year over year, to more than 1,800 units.

January also marked a record-high average transaction price in the U.S. market, to more than $52,000.

Global sales declined 1.4-percent compared with January 2014. Cadillac sold 18,043 vehicles worldwide last month.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/.../us/en/2015/feb/0204-cadillac-sales-corp.html

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Since total CTS sales were down, I assume the delta between the two numbers(for Jan 14 and 15) is the sale of the CTS coupe. Unfortunately, the ATS coupe has so far done nothing to make up the loss of those CTS coupe sales.

Interesting breakdown of Cadillac sales in the "rest of the world". Cadillac has a hell of a lot of work to do!

Oh, and Cadilac sold more ATS' in China than the US for the first time. Maybe its time to look at ATS-L production at LGR?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nor me, someone can't do maths at GM. Not for the first time. Just look at the raw numbers.

Edit- I think that the percentages are those for the 2014 changes from 2013.
I wote to David Caldwell about the problem, and he just replied as follows: "Little bit of a programming error there – the document posted originally with last month’s data mixed with this month. Will be corrected in 5 minutes’ time"

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
DETROIT – Cadillac sales in the U.S. grew by 2.6 percent in January, driven by strong sales of the CTS sports sedan and the Escalade SUV. CTS total sales climbed 35 percent year over year in January, while Escalade total sales soared by 149 percent year over year. Total XTS luxury sedan sales also improved by 14 percent.

The Escalade also helped to bolster Cadillac sales in Canada and the Middle East, which were up 22 percent and 26.5 percent year-over-year, respectively.

Wholesale Cadillac vehicle sales in China were down by 11.7 year over year; however, sales of the ATS lineup more than doubled year over year, to more than 1,800 units.

January also marked a record-high average transaction price in the U.S. market, to more than $52,000.

Global sales declined 1.4-percent compared with January 2014. Cadillac sold 18,043 vehicles worldwide last month.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/.../us/en/2015/feb/0204-cadillac-sales-corp.html
I'm glad the CTS is doing so well, who knew............

Odd that GM looks at only a certain part of CTS sales, but when they talk about the Impala they make no such effort................

If they did increase 35%, then they only sold 1,256 last January.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I suspect the CTS numbers are good because they were being all but given away. I was at my dealer a few weeks ago and saw a '14 V-Sport that was "Sporting" a $10K price reduction.

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
The ATP increase is completely tied to the (Home-Run) Escalade; last year the (discounted) Escalade was 9.7% of Cadillac's sales, this year the (higher-priced) Escalade is 23.7% of total sales.

Not a slam, just stating facts.......

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
I suspect the CTS numbers are good because they were being all but given away. I was at my dealer a few weeks ago and saw a '14 V-Sport that was "Sporting" a $10K price reduction.
Only $10,000!?

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
Dang, I wish that I had a family member that worked for GM!
They just extended it through February............

I wish I didn't already have 4 cars.......

;)

·
Registered
44,427 Posts
That has to be be worldwide sales because CTS sales in the US and Canada are down.

·
Registered
21,342 Posts
Is there any way a non-employee can get that deal or anything close to it?

Buy one off an employee that gets one of these in about a year later.

There is a reason Cadillac's sales are so strong in the Midwest, I've had several dealers in the area tell me 70% of their sales are employee and the rest are supplier.

My dad probably wouldn't have gone for this since it is a RWD, but he just bought an Impala in November.

-------------------------------

I'm sure next month GM will tell us how the ELR sales are sky rocking and they are considering scrambling to get production back-up and running......

This my friends, is how you build a brand!

Reactions: paul8488

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Is there any way a non-employee can get that deal or anything close to it?

Print that ad and walk in to a dealer. You'll get it.

Cadillac should resist lowering prices and stick it out and continue to improve customer experience and product.. The sacrifice of short term gains will pay off eventually
I sympathize and agree. In a perfect world, this would be the case.

But SOMETHING had to be done to clear inventory at the dealers. Once inventory has "adjusted", these Fire-Sales will stop.

For the near future though, I think Cadillac will have to be happy with lower overall sales in North America than what they've become more or less used to. Their passenger cars are now DIRECTLY competitive with products of brands that are highly sought-after. No new-comer can expect over night success.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Cadillac should resist lowering prices and stick it out and continue to improve customer experience and product.. The sacrifice of short term gains will pay off eventually
I thought that was the plan...? Didn't Cadillac say (several times) that they were no longer catering to the former CTS owners and would be pricing their vehicle according to where it should be in the market? These discounts look better than any previous gen CTS.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts