GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Haven't watched yet, but love that front end and that color.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Wow! Sounds impressive. Also, if that is the real engine sound played towards the beginning of the video, then Cadillac did fix the top complaint with the ATS-V.

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
That's neat how those little furrows in the back inside of the grill actually helps the engine breathe.

Nice shade of blue! Especially with the black rims.

Impressive claim that it has faster lap times than its competitors!

Serious looking car, though were I to buy one I'd skip the rear wing.

I want those seats!

Hopefully no complaints about the engine sound as there was on the ATS-V. Have to wait until August 3rd for that answer!!!!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
That's neat how those little furrows in the back inside of the grill actually helps the engine breathe.

Nice shade of blue! Especially with the black rims.

Impressive claim that it has faster lap times than its competitors!

Serious looking car, though were I to buy one I'd skip the rear wing.

I want those seats!

Hopefully no complaints about the engine sound as there was on the ATS-V. Have to wait until August 3rd for that answer!!!!!
Well, its lap time around VIR was faster than the time Car and Driver got for the current M5 competition.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Also, the embargo drops on August 3rd. That’s next Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Well, its lap time around VIR was faster than the time Car and Driver got for the current M5 competition.
New M5 CS is a beast. The comparisons will be interesting.

Throttle House has recently sent both the new M4/5 CS around their track. Check the times

Reactions: Evo69

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The initial run of CT4-V Blackwings should have just been manufactured at LGR. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
This CT4 is decidedly better looking than the CT5.
Was thinking the same thing. It's funny because the Base CT4 and V were ungainly IMO and the base 5 and V were way better looking. I guess its because the 4BW has flared front fenders to compliment the bulbous back end and the 5s BW conversion was underwhelming to say the least.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
This CT4 is decidedly better looking than the CT5.
I agree, and more "affordable" in Blackwing guise. I still expect to purchase a 6spd once the industry normalizes and supply meets up with demand.

Reactions: wallus13 and dannyg

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,318 Posts
I agree, and more "affordable" in Blackwing guise. I still expect to purchase a 6spd once the industry normalizes and supply meets up with demand.
Cool! If I had the $60K I'd be all over a "base" 6sp CT4 Blackwing. Looks good in the blue with black wheels. Or maybe the orange color.

Reactions: tripowergto Jan2003

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
It’s really looking like if you plan to track your BW the CT4 is the way to go.

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
That M5CS is a cool car...but $143K MSRP ouch!
And they said the sound system is just average. I get the point of lightening the car to achieve maximum performance, which they obviously achieved to spectacular results, but it doesn't seem to be the right kind of vehicle to do that (mid-size sedan). But, clearly they sell at that huge price, so I have to say they know what their target market wants. I myself would be fine with a couple of extra pounds to have the sound system a near $150k vehicle should have, not that I'm ever going to spend that kind of money.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
And they said the sound system is just average. I get the point of lightening the car to achieve maximum performance, which they obviously achieved to spectacular results, but it doesn't seem to be the right kind of vehicle to do that (mid-size sedan). But, clearly they sell at that huge price, so I have to say they know what their target market wants. I myself would be fine with a couple of extra pounds to have the sound system a near $150k vehicle should have, not that I'm ever going to spend that kind of money.
For that kind of money I'd buy two $75K CT4 Blackwings, an automatic as a daily and a stick shift for weekends! :):):)

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
For that kind of money I'd buy two $75K CT4 Blackwings, an automatic as a daily and a stick shift for weekends! :):):)
Me too! Though I guess the mindset of something like this highly specialized BMW is that you are taking your car to the track/racing and that fraction of a second is very important where for the both of us that fraction of a second is not important or not worth the cost. Money is an object for us :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts