GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
Good for GM. 3 cars on that list is impressive.

Too bad they are positioned in niche market.
Certainly would be nice for GM to land a mainstream vehicle on the list. GM needs to take some of that Blackwing/Vette magic and get it into a $30k vehicle.

Though, to be fair, 5.5 of the vehicles on the list are not mainstream. I count the VW as a .5 as it really isn't a mainstream car in the USA.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Certainly would be nice for GM to land a mainstream vehicle on the list. GM needs to take some of that Blackwing/Vette magic and get it into a $30k vehicle.

Though, to be fair, 5.5 of the vehicles on the list are not mainstream. I count the VW as a .5 as it really isn't a mainstream car in the USA.
For consumers loyalty a topnotch midsize sedan will do more than a Blackwing. Same for a 3 rows SUV like the Telluride.

Don't get me wrong : if I had the money I would buy a CT4 Blackwing, a Corvette or a GR 86.

But if tomorrow I need to buy a new car it would be an Accord. It has been on the market since 2017 and it's still the best in it's class.

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
For consumers loyalty a topnotch midsize sedan will do more than a Blackwing. Same for a 3 rows SUV like the Telluride.

Don't get me wrong : if I had the money I would buy a CT4 Blackwing, a Corvette or a GR 86.

But if tomorrow I need to buy a new car it would be an Accord. It has been on the market since 2017 and it's still the best in it's class.
No disagreements here**! GM needs to put the same effort into mainstream products.

** except for the Accord, I don't like the looks :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
So good to see but the German car snobs in my office will still never consider a Cadillac.

I'm 100% they snicker at my XT5 behind my back :LOL:
It's better to be a confident independent than a trendy shill.

·
Registered
181 Posts
No disagreements here**! GM needs to put the same effort into mainstream products.

** except for the Accord, I don't like the looks :D
I have seen worse offenders than the Accord. The Accord is a good drive. It's reliable, has a good resale value and a great fuel economy. If I want to stay rational the Accord makes sense.

There is nothing rational with the CT4-V Blackwing that I dream about

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I have seen worse offenders than the Accord. The Accord is a good drive. It's reliable, has a good resale value and a great fuel economy. If I want to stay rational the Accord makes sense.

There is nothing rational with the CT4-V Blackwing that I dream about
Since you admit you're old, why not ENJOY the irrational thrill of a Blackwing while you still can? Life is short.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Since you admit you're old, why not ENJOY the irrational thrill of a Blackwing while you still can? Life is short.
Well... I'm only 45.

Most of roads I take are boring. I find no joy in driving on a straight highway for 3 hours when I go see my brother in Quebec City or my in-laws near Ottawa. It's all very policed straight highways.

Worst is when I'm stuck in trafic. Sitting a manual CT4-V blackwing (the only blackwing I care about are manuals) or sitting in an Accord ? At least the Accord is roomy enough for my kids sitting in the back. I could probably stuff all the electric guitar things of my son in the Accord trunk when he have a show (he started ton play in a AC/DC cover band when he was 7).

Point is : I'm impressed by GM having three cars on that list. I would be more impress that list included
1- the Malibu,
2- the Silverado/Sierra and
3- the Equinox/Encore/Terrain.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts