GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Ilike them.
Your stuff is nice, but your 4 designs have the same problem as GM's.
They are all pretty much the same.

I think the 4 vans need 4 different bumpers, 4 different foglights, 4 different grilles. Even different fenders.

They shouldn't looks nearly the same as they do.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Very nice - I'd like to see Saturn and Pontiac go in that direction just to differentiate themselves more.

GM loves sharing parts like headlights, etc., so I doubt you would see 4 clone vehicles all with different headlights and bumpers -- this is pretty realistic, but I agree with Rex, I'd like to see maybe 2 sets of similar styles, then GM can have its commonality of parts and yet not have all 4 be the same.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
you did very well-- they all look really nice- but I think you designs make them look more like minivans again--- and less like SUVs.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
OMG THOSE ARE GORGEOUS!! EVEN for having re-badging ideas, those would be better than the crap GM is giving us now...:eek:

I especially like how the saturn looks the least like an SUV...nice touch...

·
Registered
46 Posts
My God! :eek: Someone send his ideas to GM pronto! The CSVs need facelifts, and stat, and his ideas are perfict for a 2006 facelift!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My site is hosted by Comcast with a free 25 megabyte site that is included with my Cable Internet. With basic cable and internet I believe my bill is around 40 a month.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
wow, thoes are great. Really nice looking too. The Saturn looked good and a much better "import" personality then the one coming out. The chevy looked good as did the pontiac. I think that pontiac should move away from the twin grill design.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Feb 2 2004, 10:25 PM
I think that pontiac should move away from the twin grill design.
What do you suggest in it's place?
Now that the body cladding is gone, that's the only traditional trait that remains.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider+Feb 2 2004, 09:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rex Raider @ Feb 2 2004, 09:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@Feb 2 2004, 10:25 PM
Now that the body cladding is gone, that's the only traditional trait that remains. [/b][/quote]
There have been a few Pontiac vehicles in the past that used a split air dam instead of a split grille, like the Sunbird, but they are in the minority:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider+Feb 3 2004, 02:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rex Raider @ Feb 3 2004, 02:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@Feb 2 2004, 10:25 PM
Now that the body cladding is gone, that's the only traditional trait that remains. [/b][/quote]
who said it needs to be replaced? Just dont have it anymore. The Firebirds have done pretty well without them for some time.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Man I love the chevy version. You should email that to GM, so they can adapt that design instead of the catfish look they have going on.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments so far, as for the Firebird, it did have a twin port grill, the WS-6 hood simply accentuated the grills vertically. Also, the twin port grill is simply an evolutionary adaptation of the original twin port grills of the 1960s, therefore I don’t think it should go away especially since it was an original cue for the muscle car past.

Also one of GMs “bean counters” was my economics teacher a semester or two ago, and I have to admit, he did have a passion for his job. I think GMs” bean counters” get too much of a bum wrap, I think it only makes sense to standardize as many components as possible, but I do believe that sometimes, us fans have a tendency to criticize GMs good ideas and maybe they are just gun-shy about trying some revolutionary styling.

I personally don’t care for Minivans of any kind, but GMs interior is a huge improvement over the last and with some minor adjustments, the exterior can look great also. I have two versions of the CSVs in progress, but cannot find the right angles for some of them to fly. Hope to have time to finish them soon.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by tkrelston@Feb 3 2004, 11:28 AM
I now have one side image on the site!
wow- the side image looks great. Ok- I changed my mind now (from my previous post)-- I think any SUV-like quality that is lost in the softening of the front is gained back more than enough by the rest of the vehicle. Your versions are much better.

But-- they would have required (because of the need to reengineer slightly more of the van) more investment on GM's part. I don't think they really expect these to be huge sellers- they just want to keep them selling at a basic rate-- Not bust the market, but simply stay in it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by tkrelston@Feb 3 2004, 02:13 AM
My site is hosted by Comcast with a free 25 megabyte site that is included with my Cable Internet. With basic cable and internet I believe my bill is around 40 a month.
Since I don't have the same internet service as you do, does the website itself cost anything? (You know, is hosting and the web page free to anyone who wants one?)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wow I can actually look @ these @ not feel disgusted by those hideous looks...GOOD JOB!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts