GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from my Chevy dealer's service department. He says he needs to order new brake rotors for the Malibu. That's covered under warranty right? Last time my dad had to pay for something, I don't remember what.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Barkes are wear parts, they should not be covered under warranty. Unless there was a defect with them, or they just wore out much too quickly.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
wellll......they are covered here up to 30,000km...ROTORS...NOT PADS, not sure if its the same there or not, if your over that then NO they are NOT covered.

·
Super Moderator
21,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the Malibu only has about 18,000 miles on it...I don't think they should wear out that easily.It's making a weird whirring noise when I hit the brakes. It's sorta annoying if the radio's not on to drown out the noise.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
No they didn't, they just told me that they needed to order new brake rotors and that it would be ready tomorrow morning.

It might be wise for you to call your service writer back and ask if that's covered...

Here in Wisconsin, a customer pay repair must be approved, either verbally or written with an estimate...I do not know if that also applies in Ohio...:eek:

·
Super Moderator
21,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got off the phone with the service department (after being bounced around to different departments for 11 minutes...), and he said that it was covered. Awesome! Now all I have to do is head back there tomorrow and pick her up...and take another look at that G8 GT...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts