GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Do you think they can lighten up the platfrom enough to use,say the 2.3 4 cyl from the equinox,turbo it for around,280 hp?
Thoughts?
The Equinox does not use a 4 cyl and the 2.3 is only found in the Saab 9-5 if i'm not mistaken.

However... a T/C'd 4 banger....

Probably... The problem is torque would not be made at low ends, and the lambda's are pretty heavy... lightening the load would sacrifice quite a bit. Towing would also be out of the question.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Equinox does not use a 4 cyl and the 2.3 is only found in the Saab 9-5 if i'm not mistaken.

However... a T/C'd 4 banger....

Probably... The problem is torque would not be made at low ends, and the lambda's are pretty heavy... lightening the load would sacrifice quite a bit. Towing would also be out of the question.
the next gen will have a 2.3,and id hope the lambda II's are lighter

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't believe for a second that a next generation of Lambda will be lighter. Have any vehicles ever gotten lighter in newer generations? With ever-increasing safety requirements and peoples demands for more and more goodies, they will only get heavier.
right,but gm has some very heavy platforms, that are losing weight. Theta II is lighter than theta I, so why not make the lambdas lose weight? is the 2.3 ecotec in the equinnox a new engine or is it the same one the guy above paul posted?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
right,but gm has some very heavy platforms, that are losing weight. Theta II is lighter than theta I, so why not make the lambdas lose weight? is the 2.3 ecotec in the equinnox a new engine or is it the same one the guy above paul posted?
The 2.3 is a new engine. The link posted by psece is a SAAB engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts