GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
I don't think these are terribly accurate.....
Basically we're seeing the end of used cars. If nobody can afford a new battery, they'll always have to buy a new car.
No, cars will just last longer. With the thermal management of the battery, except in extreme cases, there isn't that much degradation that you'd have to get a new battery after 100,000 miles. Maybe cars won't be disposable anymore....that's a good thing.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Read what I said. in 8 years a EV is basically a Go Kart living on Borrowed Time. or a $20,000 Battery Rejuvenation Choice.

An ICE vehicle is still worth Keeping on the Road.

There will be Remanufactured Batteries for 1/2 price in 8 years, or will there because of the Metal Shortage for building New Batteries?
Hogwash. In 8-10 years, a Tesla has lost less than 10% of it's battery, that's hardly "borrowed time". I think everyone is reading waaaay too much into this. I highly doubt that as battery prices drop, that it'll cost as much as it does now to replace a battery. Unless it's a Nissan Leaf, of course. GOOD EV's have active thermal management, the Leaf does not and they DO lose battery life after 6 or 7 years, sometimes up to 40%. 2012 Teslas are running around just fine with less than 10% degradation. There is no "there" here.....

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ummm don’t know but from what I have read battery prices aren’t going down but up due to the shortage of rare earth minerals. Have you seen the prices of the components that go into EV batteries the past couple months? Looks like up is the only direction.

Who wouldn’t want to pay more for the ‘green future’ and instead of just high/elevated oil prices this will ensure that all home electric bills sky rocket too. There will be no reasonably priced energy it will be high and higher. Going green is going to cost more green and lots of blackouts too. (Cause our infrastructure ain’t changing anytime soon and thank goodness ‘build back better’ didn’t and won’t get passed which would have made inflation even higher. However the current administration wants to sell that stuff the public ain’t buying it.)

I am just happy about all the child labor laws being broken in countries that don’t like America very much to rape Mother Earth of the rare earth minerals for the wealthy, college educated, white EV buyer. End of sarcasm.
My electric bill went up $16 per month, my gasoline bill dropped $100. I think we'll be fine. I get it, change can be scary, but what is The Other Side's plan? Oh yes, moving America back 50 years while the rest of the world moves forward. There has to a be a middle ground, these Far Left and Far Right extremist positions do nothing but make America look stupid and childish. We NEED to improve the infrastructure but we ARE NOT going to be able to do it for free. Welcome to reality. What is up with us? We want gas but we don't want to pay what it's worth, we want a better infrastructure but we don't wan to pay for it. Going green isn't going to cause blackouts. OMG. Centrist and Progressives need to start running the show instead of all these Leftists and MAGA-cowering Rightwingers. Nothing ever gets done because those two are just constantly "I'm right, you're wrong" and WE are the ones who suffer for it. Voting against something just because the other side came up with is NOT a viable reason. Ugh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts