GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOURCE: Motor Authority

Anteros completes development of XTM Coupe and Targa models

We first heard about Anteros and its custom line of modified Corvette kit cars back in 2006, when the Californian coachbuilder displayed a number of concept versions of the then new kit at the SEMA Auto Show. Today, Anteros is about to start sales of two new kits, both of which are also based on the C6 Chevrolet Corvette platform.

While kit-cars that combine styling from the golden age of automotive aesthetics with modern mechanical reliability are not exactly rare, the Anteros vehicles tend to borrow classic lines from a number of manufacturers rather than just pilfering from one.

According to Anteros, the designers have drawn "inspiration and DNA from the 1960s" to create a car that harks back to the likes of Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Austin and Maserati during that period.

While the styling may be from a bygone era, the mechanicals certainly aren't. Featuring the 6.0L LS2 V8 found in the C6 Corvette, which is good for 400hp, the Anteros XTM (Roadster), XTR (Hardtop) and XTS (Targa) will be available with either a six-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission.

MORE HERE

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think that it looks very good for what it is. I'm sure its pricey, but distinctive looking IMHO.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Seems half-assed. They are using '05 Steering Wheel, Center Stack, 4spd Auto and an LS2. Are these modified used cars or stuff they found in a junk yard?

And what is with the headlights on the red 'vert? They look like gas lights off of a "horseless carriage" circa 1904.

As for weight, how much must that hood weigh? It looks massive, opened up like that. If they keep the weight down than it must be ridiculously flimsy. And they bothered giving the car a fender under the hood. What a waste!

I find that any time a kit company tries to fix the Vette's only real flaw, namely quality interior materials, it always ends up looking like crap.

Maybe Fisker can give it a try.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Seems half-assed. They are using '05 Steering Wheel, Center Stack, 4spd Auto and an LS2. Are these modified used cars or stuff they found in a junk yard?
first thing i noticed too...is this a really old press release or something? the 06 and forward vettes have a 6 speed auto, different steering wheel, and of course 09 has the LS3 engine.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
and it looks like a Ferrari California. the sides and the grille just scream California..

nah. I'll definitely pass.....
I love the Ferrari California and that's what I thought of when I saw this...but like a half-assed California...no thans indeed.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
The front end makes it look a bit Maserati-ish.
I was thinking Aston-Martin on the fisrt pic, but ya I can see some Maserati-shness in the second one. It's like Aston-Martin and Corvette had a kid, and Maserati and Ferrari had a kid and then those kids hooked up and had a kid, but the Maserati/Ferrari kid is in-bred cause those two are related now and this final kid is also kinda inbred. And the only reason the Aston-Martin/Corvette kid had a kid with the other one is cause it was drunk at a party and she seemed easy (and was) and "said" she was on the pill, but clearly wasn't. Ya know what I mean? :eek:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
If it had a larger wheel well opening, and larger wheels,,,,maybe. But Nah.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Yikes, these guys need a new plant or to improve quality, look at those awful body lines, the gaps are huge.
I would imagine something like this would be hand-built and therefore bad gaps should be non-existant.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
I would imagine something like this would be hand-built and therefore bad gaps should be non-existant.
Actually the reason gaps exist is because assembly workers cannot fit pieces correctly or while driving the parts rub together and the paint comes off. Certain plants (such as Oshawa, arguably the best in North America) uses precision tools and tricks to assembling the parts together to give it smaller gaps.

·
Registered
162 Posts
looks like garbage. this looks like it could be a KIA sportscar... mish mash of other car companies styling, but still not getting the overall look, right. i'd buy this to throw it away, so it's one less ugly car on the road.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts