1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,662 Posts
Re: The Best Super Car Ever; By Far

You've got to be kidding me here

The best eva

Wow now there's a blind fanboi comment if ever I saw one :fall:

Maybe lay off the sauce before posting ;)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts

I thought this was going to be a thread about the 765LT or the F8 Tributo or Huracan Evo or..... The most affordable supercar, yeah...but best ever? By far?!?! Far from it. Hell, the C8 doesn't have active aero

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

Personally I'd spend a few million on a 1966 Ford GT...but whatevs...

·
Registered
3,834 Posts

Personally I'd spend a few million on a 1966 Ford GT...but whatevs...

I have a huge car crush on the first revival of the GT (2004-06)...those retailed for 110-120k, and now they're a tough find for under 250k. Im not all that a fan of the latest GT as I feel like it's missing something...like 2 Cylinders.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts

I have a huge car crush on the first revival of the GT (2004-06)...those retailed for 110-120k, and now they're a tough find for under 250k. Im not all that a fan of the latest GT as I feel like it's missing something...like 2 Cylinders.
Agree about the revival GT, it looks great, don't ask how low I saw them selling after the big 2008 recession! I seem to recall around $75K in 2009-2010. Oh man what an opportunity.

I'd take a top-of-the-line C8 over the current GT...but with unlimited funds ("Best Supercar Ever") I'd get an original 1960s for Sunday driving...what's a few million?

Reactions: JimmyDiablo

·
Registered
13,144 Posts

I wont get into best ever yet I will suggest the c8 is pretty amazing.

Of course Im biased yet its a lot of fun to drive up and around the mountains and seven lakes ...in public it is a superstar as well.

The two large or at least decent size do make this a great daily driver. I easuly fit my weekly food shopping in the trunks. Supposedly the rear trunk holds two sets of golf clubs....but since i dont golf I can only state i mostly use the front trunk for cold things and the rear trunk for non perishables as ive been told it gets hot in the rear trunk.

As far as owners of lamborghinis, ferraris, mclarens....they love the c8 ...i was at charity event yesterday where we brought food etc for kids and their were million dollar senna? 570s, 650s, ferrari 430s, 488s, f8 s, lamborghini huracans, mercedes amg gts, audi r8s, nsxs, jaguars, posches etc...and my c8 got a lot of rave reviews from the owners of these various exotics.

Is the c8 the best? Of course not yet compliments and accolades were going both ways. I had the guys roaring as I mentioned I was throwing on snow tires and going to use my corvette in the snow as I do with all my corvettes. My last one I sold so fast to the first person who came to look at it. He couldnt give me his money fast enough after we went for a ride up and around the seven lakes and bear mountain. We had a great time. I think it drove the car for 2 or 3 hours. We had a great time. He was in his early 30s, his mom taught special needs kids like my son and as a side specialty this young man donated his time to teach autistic children how to swim. Nice young man who I had never met before, we had a great time and he drove off in a great sports car with a huge smile.

With pricing today anybody looking for a wonderful sports car should entertain a corvette, mileage doesnt matter. I personally put on 143k miles on my last corvette...im at 1900 miles in 6 weeks on this new one.

We ve had a fabulous fall weather i think its called an indian summer? All the way into november...and now the weather is breaking.

If I get a email of the photos from the drone flying around from the show yesterday ill try and post up..

Each of the various brands of sports cars was amazing.

Its not like the interweb forums where people argue back and forth.

That said..the charity event was a success and we all had a good time.

·
Registered
16,655 Posts

I wont get into best ever yet I will suggest the c8 is pretty amazing.

Of course Im biased yet its a lot of fun to drive up and around the mountains and seven lakes ...in public it is a superstar as well.

The two large or at least decent size do make this a great daily driver. I easuly fit my weekly food shopping in the trunks. Supposedly the rear trunk holds two sets of golf clubs....but since i dont golf I can only state i mostly use the front trunk for cold things and the rear trunk for non perishables as ive been told it gets hot in the rear trunk.

As far as owners of lamborghinis, ferraris, mclarens....they love the c8 ...i was at charity event yesterday where we brought food etc for kids and their were million dollar senna? 570s, 650s, ferrari 430s, 488s, f8 s, lamborghini huracans, mercedes amg gts, audi r8s, nsxs, jaguars, posches etc...and my c8 got a lot of rave reviews from the owners of these various exotics.

Is the c8 the best? Of course not yet compliments and accolades were going both ways. I had the guys roaring as I mentioned I was throwing on snow tires and going to use my corvette in the snow as I do with all my corvettes. My last one I sold so fast to the first person who came to look at it. He couldnt give me his money fast enough after we went for a ride up and around the seven lakes and bear mountain. We had a great time. I think it drove the car for 2 or 3 hours. We had a great time. He was in his early 30s, his mom taught special needs kids like my son and as a side specialty this young man donated his time to teach autistic children how to swim. Nice young man who I had never met before, we had a great time and he drove off in a great sports car with a huge smile.

With pricing today anybody looking for a wonderful sports car should entertain a corvette, mileage doesnt matter. I personally put on 143k miles on my last corvette...im at 1900 miles in 6 weeks on this new one.

We ve had a fabulous fall weather i think its called an indian summer? All the way into november...and now the weather is breaking.

If I get a email of the photos from the drone flying around from the show yesterday ill try and post up..

Each of the various brands of sports cars was amazing.

Its not like the interweb forums where people argue back and forth.

That said..the charity event was a success and we all had a good time.
You live around Harriman Park? My aunt and uncle used to maintain part of the trail system (I helped them out) and we canoed on Lake Sebago a lot! Now they are to old for that stuff, but I still take the Bear Mountain Bridge and the Seven Lakes Parkway when going to visit them! Great area to take your Vette! I'll keep my eyes open for your C8!

"The best", what exactly does that mean? I'd say there is no such thing as the topic is subjective. There is certainly "the best" at quantifiable metrics like 0-60, top speed, etc., but there are so many other factors. Price is one - a Ferrari might have slightly better performance, but is it "the best" when you factor in that the Ferrari costs 5x more than the Vette to get you those incremental gains? So to someone that pricing might be a factor in making a car "the best" while others don't care about that. Others might think that big $500k price tag gives it the exclusivity that helps make it the best. If Mbuk thinks the C8 is the best, it is his personal choice and I'm pretty sure his choice is NOT going to lead to crashed stock markets, chaos, swarms of locust and the end of the world.

·
Registered
944 Posts

For me I would vote best current super car as the Mercedes AMG GT black series as that seems to even have the current nurburgring lap record to boot. Other then that the Lamborghini Aventador and the Porsche 911 GT2 RS would come in second and third place, the C8 is pretty far down my list. Though I would say Aston Martin Vulcan but those were not produced street legal (though some have been modified) as it has the looks, sound, and performance.

·
Premium Member
32,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

What people are missing is that the C8 is the spiritual successor to the original NSX.

Does everything a super car does, then morphs into a daily driver like the malibu. With 21st century technologies

·
Registered
3,834 Posts

^^that doesn't make it "the greatest supercar ever...by far!!!". That makes it the most livable and attainable supercar. Personally, if I ever hit the PB, day 1...filing for immediate divorce, day 2...buying one of these bad boys:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

Why is value for money not part of the equation?
The best super car ever....its subjective...best is different things to different people and can be easily argued that one car is better than another with no clear cut winner. Quantify it with best bang for the buck....and then its easily argued that due to its relatively low price compared to other super cars, plus the performance that puts in leagues above everything else, its the best bang for the buck super car, ever!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts