GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question how come the 2004 Corvette Convertible is $7,000 more than the coupe? The coupe goes for $44,000 and the convertible goes for $51,000 i know convertibles are more but $7,000 just seems like a lot more.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I know that a vert for an f-body was about $3,000 more. $7k is a bit, but perhaps it has to do with all the changes that need to be made to the frame?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yea, 7K is too much. I'd expect at most 4K. Well, unless there's something really expensive that had to be changed then the Corvette Vert is overpriced. Still, it's WORTH it for all the power.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
are options for the coupe and vert the same or similar? i could see an extra $7k if many more options were standard.

·
Registered
94 Posts
personally i think the vette is overpriced anyway....i understand the bang for your buck thing..but its pushing the term ..just my .02
i dont know how normal people can afford something like that. who knows maybe the price will drop after the first year or something...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by c400mark@Apr 13 2004, 09:26 PM
personally i think the vette is overpriced anyway....i understand the bang for your buck thing..but its pushing the term ..just my .02
i dont know how normal people can afford something like that. who knows maybe the price will drop after the first year or something...
I dont see how its overpriced? The suspension, engine, and new interior along with the skin and low production numbers go into the high price. The Vette isnt for everyone.
As for the price, the chasis usualy gets extra bracing to stiffen the chassis, plus the parts to help keep sound down inside and keep a good seal. The 7k is a big jump, but thats the price you pay for top down fun. Its all relative I guess. If its a Vette, its gunna be more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It really comes down to supply & demand for what the market will bear. If everyone wanted the convertable than, as a stockholder, I would expect GM to take that into consideration for their pricing model. How can it be over priced if GM sells every single one they can manufacture??? ;)

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
saw a commercial for the mustang last night (current canadian model). it lists the coupe at 20,000, and the 'vert at 25,000, approx. so right off the bat there you've got a $5000 difference. $7000 difference for the vette doesn't sounds that crazy to me. not that it matters... since i can't afford one anyways!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts