News Contributor
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corvette-Powered Lincoln Futura Hot Rod Brims With Gotham Style
We bet this will grab more attention than any Lambo

CarBuzz
06/28-2022
Sebastian Cenizo

If you were born in this century, you have probably never heard of Lincoln's Futura concept from 1955. That said, you may recognize it as the basis of one of the most iconic Batmobiles ever made. Either way, it's the sort of car that you simply cannot buy, and that's a real pity. It harks back to a time when Lincoln was building some of the finest luxury cars America had to offer, and while plans are being made to recapture that fire in the future, there's a strong attraction to the ambitious and eclectic designs of the 1950s. So how does one satisfy the desire for a car that is unobtainable? By creating their own take on it, of course.

The custom creation before your eyes comes from James Benken, owner of Batrodz Resurrection Garage in Jamesport, New York. After watching his build unfold over the past few months, CarBuzz caught up with him to find out what went into this incredible masterpiece.

"After building Gotham Roadster-style cars for many years, I had an idea for doing something different, so I came up with the 1955 Lincoln Future hot rod concept last year," recalls Benken.

But rather than simply recreating something from days gone by, Benken put his own unique spin on the styling and says that "the car design is a hybrid mix of the 1955 Futura concept car, 1966 Barris Batmobile, and C4 Corvette."

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
The base for the Adam West Batmobile. The concept I think was originally white not crazy about that color.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
15,049 Posts
One thing of note, there would be no "rolling down" of the windows at highway speeds and the like in something such as this. Also wouldn't the drive thru be fun too. :rolleyes: ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts