GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have always thought the Vette was a pretty nice car... but after seeing these and all the other pics I am officialy a Corvette fan. This car IMO is Gorgeous!!
It makes me happy :woot2:

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
I am quite smitten on this machine, *inside* and out. And I imagine the power-activated-top-equipped convertible will be a stunner. My ONLY complaint is that I think it's quite bush league that the same trnasmissions will be offered, particularly the 4-speed. Can you say "LAME?" Meanwhile, 7-speed automatics are coming to German cars. Come on, Dave Hill, certainly you could have done better.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by TAFreak@Jan 1 2004, 11:15 AM
I really like a lot of it, but there's something really messed up about that front end.
I know what's wrong...... you're just not used to it's simplistic beauty ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
IMO

Chevy's gonna make a killing on this Vette. Its the perfect cross between new Viper and Ferrari. People who can't afford the Viper will be buying this dope ride. And, well, for those who can't afford the ferrari probably wouldn't settle for anything less anyway.

And, Chevy's new ad campain rocks :woot2: . The new commercial (which can be seen at chevy.com) gave me that warm feeling inside.

Keep 'em coming GM

KDR CHEVELLEDUDE

·
Registered
373 Posts
That is one sick car. Goodbye Viper and Ferrari (i hope). Time for some good 'ol American muscle heehee :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
O and that Car carrier commercial is messed up....AND THEY USED MAGIC CARPET RIDE AS A THEME SONG.....I HATE THAT SONG!!! And whatever happend to the Chevy SS? Man i keep editing this lol....im going to bed.

·
Registered
750 Posts
does it look almost exactly like a C5 from anything more then 30 yards away.... yes, is the engine just a bored out ls1 with lower throttle response......yes, is the whole thing just a giant disapointment and hardly a next generation....YES.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by Nocturn_Bird@Jan 2 2004, 12:05 AM
does it look almost exactly like a C5 from anything more then 30 yards away.... yes, is the engine just a bored out ls1 with lower throttle response......yes, is the whole thing just a giant disapointment and hardly a next generation....YES.
Because the LS2’s new engine controller incorporates ETC commands, the separate ETC module used on the LS1 is no longer required. This allows faster communication of the controller to the throttle, as well as reducing the mass and complexity of the system. Additionally, emissions are slightly improved with the damping of unnecessary throttle movement.
How do you figure the lower throttle response? Oh wait, you've already taken the C6 for a test drive at your local Chevy dealer :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Nocturn_Bird@Jan 2 2004, 07:05 AM
cause you know nothing about this car. Frame, glass, interior, engine, computer, design, wheels, brakes, exhaust, nearly everything on this C6 is different then a C5. In MT they said that the parts that carried over from C5 to C6 could fit in a picnic basket. Only C5 I see are the side view mirrors. It has C5ish tail lights and green house, but the body is deffinatly C6. the rear, the nose, the side, doors, wheels... I could pick the 2 out from 30 yards easily. Maybe at 300-400 yards it could be hard.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by TAFreak@Jan 2 2004, 12:52 AM
Oh, you mean it's kit car ferrari-type simplistic beauty?

LOL
considering ferrari makes the most beautiful cars ever made, I say that if GM wants to copy them and make there car look like any ferrari, I say thats a good move. they did it for 2nd gen camaro's and thoes sob's sold like hot cakes.

·
Registered
750 Posts
No, it has less throttle response because it has a bigger 90 MM throttle body, and ever since diverting from the smaller twin blade system used on the LT1 the throttle has been anything but responsive.

Oooohhh the interrior door knob handle is different, so it could be made from all new parts for all I care, bottom line is that it still looks like a C5. You would find it difficult to tell the two apart from a 100 yards without really studying them.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by Nocturn_Bird@Jan 2 2004, 12:44 PM
No, it has less throttle response because it has a bigger 90 MM throttle body, and ever since diverting from the smaller twin blade system used on the LT1 the throttle has been anything but responsive.

Oooohhh the interrior door knob handle is different, so it could be made from all new parts for all I care, bottom line is that it still looks like a C5. You would find it difficult to tell the two apart from a 100 yards without really studying them.
So you have driven the new C6 to verify the low throttle response? There's more to throttle response than just a throttle body....... or are you basing this on the fact you love LT1s so much more than the LS engine series?

And you better take another look at the C6 interior........ there are no door knob handles, they have a single button for the door actuator. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Mechanically, I'm sure the C6 blows the C5 into the weeds.

Every Corvette generation is a way ahead of the last. Except the C3-C4 transition, but the C3 certainly did start to suck near the end.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.