GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am gonna ask this, but I fear I know the answer.

I have an 05 Monte SS / SC (supercharged 3.8). It is basically stock. Lately, on occasion, I get the distinct odor of coolant when I get out of the vehicle, or even occasionally in the vehicle with the window down. I have kept an eye on the coolant level, and it doesn't appear to be getting low, nor do I see any puddles of coolant underneath the vehicle after it sits.

Now I really haven't noticed any decrease in performance. But I actually have noticed an increase in that fluid like sound you get in the cabin when you first start moving. I know, vague description, but that's the best way I can describe it. Sounds like a pool of liquid somewhere is moving around.

The 2 may or may not be related. Anyways... so what does this sound like?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Intake gasket and/or water pump. Very common on the 3800 the noise you hear in the dash is air and water traveling through the Heater core because of leak in engine compartment you are sucking air into system. approx. $500 fix.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bah, I had feared as much. Looks like that extended warantee will come in handy. Thanks for the heads up. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not a problem. Should be covered. if not talk to the service department they should be able to "good will " it depending on when your Factory coverage expired. That is how I had it fixed on 2004 Impala

1 - 5 of 5 Posts