GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Take the picture below and modify it any way that you want. Change colors, looks, background, etc...

The changes can be serious or silly. The changes don't have to make the car more desirable, they just have to make it different.

You are showing off your creativity and your chopping skills.

You must use the original picture as your starting point. Try to keep some semblance of the original pic.

Only 1 entry per person, and NO revisions. Once you've entered, that's your entry.

Chopping is anonymous!:

Do NOT post your images here in this thread. Instead, E-mail them to: [email protected].
Do not send a link to the picture. Send the picture itself. Please send it in JPG format. Please do not write your name anywhere in your picture.
In your e-mail (but not your picture) please include your user name, even if you think that I know who you are.

You have until Thursday at Midnight to submit your entries, so there is no need to rush right away. Quality takes time. Voting will start on Friday.

Same rule in effect. If you enter, you MUST vote. Contestants that do not vote will be penalized.

Here's the pic to modify:

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Re: Current Contest #89:

Ive chopped the exact picture before. Im going to do a new one though.

·
Registered
653 Posts

Hey Rex, where did you find that pic? Did you just do a Google Image search on "66 Impala"? I've been trying to find a bank of old car images that size.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I have a source for high-res images that I can not share with others.
That pick (and most of my weekly pics) all start at 3000x2000 roughly.
I resize them all.

·
Registered
653 Posts

I don't mean to be pushy but, is there any way that I can gain access to photos like this through a membership fee or something? I do a lot of photoshopping for my customers and always have a tough time finding suitable donor photos. Please PM me if it is possible some way. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,991 Posts

Dabanj6 said:
I don't mean to be pushy but, is there any way that I can gain access to photos like this through a membership fee or something? I do a lot of photoshopping for my customers and always have a tough time finding suitable donor photos. Please PM me if it is possible some way. Thanks.
www.Netcarshow.com
www.Autogaleria.PL/tapety/

Thats what I use.

·
Registered
6,991 Posts

Rex Raider said:
I have a source for high-res images that I can not share with others.
That pick (and most of my weekly pics) all start at 3000x2000 roughly.
I resize them all.
Oh I see. GM Media.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

Just saw a convertible of this and I think it was an SS, sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
293 Posts

Dabanj6 said:
If Rex won't share I will...You can buy those pictures from GM Photo store, or at least many of the same pictures that Rex uses here. You have to be a licsensee to have acsess to hi-res pix for public/private use & pay a royalty to GM from income you recieve from thier use. PM me, I will hook you up with the right person @ GM if you like. YES, Rex & I are both corporate licensees...LOL.
We have more in common as each day passes, huh Rex?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Contrary to what you believe, I am not a GM Licensee and do not use GM Photo Store. Less & less in common. Quit assuming you know me.

·
Registered
818 Posts

The Mystery Man on GMI....
Do you walk around w/ a mask and wear a cape....

J/K

·
Registered
818 Posts

Dabanj6 said:
I like to use http://www.netcarshow.com/.
You can get huge pics of almost any vehicle, I have even seen some of the originals used in some of these contests on that site. It is so cool....
I am such a car nerd.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts