GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to talk about any of the entries, or have any questions or anything else, THIS is the forum to do it.

The other thread is ONLY for contest ENTRIES.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the designs by Rex and Sketch. On Rex's the blending of SS concept with the Camaro are really tight, if it was for sale and I had the cash I'd consider buying it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Wow the first pic was posted Monday and by Tuesday already 6 entries that is a quick turn around. Rex yours is awesome I can't believe the aspect ya kept was the windows/interior thats gotta be the hardest thing to keep when redoing the exterior around it...

I do have a question where do you guys post the pics to come up full size like that? Is it here on the site or do you use another site and post the link.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the pics to come up full size, you have to have your own webhost somewhere (I use my website).
There are some free image hosting places, but you get what you pay for.

If you don't have a place to keep your pictures, we here at GMI are happy to hose them (but they show up small until clicked on).

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hey Guys thanks for the help,

I went with Dark Knights link really worked well THANKS!!!

Rex I just reposted my entry (I know where not suppose ta edit after submitted) But I used Dark Knights way of postin' so my pic is bigger, hope that is okay.

Joe

·
Registered
360 Posts
Good! I wanted it to look like the original! If you can't see the difference than I did my job.

Subtle is the key word here. I basically went with I would do if I owned the car. Seemed like more of a personal challenge.

Shaved handles and emblems. Lowered a few inches. Put fatter tires on the rear.

Tinted windows

Expanded grill below bumper line, more like early 70's design.
Darkened the chrome on the bumper egg crate. I personally hate Chevy's dependency on egg crate as a design element, but that's just me.

Moved the mirror to the corner. I prefer them there than on the door itself.

Took chrome trim bar off.

Took the license plate out.

Brought the rear fender out a bit...

Cleaned it up a bit...needed a bit of a washing.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Avarno, your changes are good, they are very sublte, I hardly noticed them.
To win a contest like this, you're going to have to be A LOT less subtle.
The only complaint I have with your entry, is that you blurred the whole background, but did not blur the rear window of the car, so it really stands out.

--

Montess & Xellow, it's ok on the reposting this time, but next time, 1st entry sticks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's cool. I barely noticed the lack of blur in the rear window. I think its the difference caused by using Levels and not selecting that section more than the blur, at least to me.

Thanks for the advice.

-AV

·
Registered
760 Posts
Okay Rex Next time definitely first post sticks now I know where ta host my pics so they come up a good size (thanks again Dark Knight)so no more double posts for me. Sorry about that.

Joe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts