GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Take the picture below and modify it any way that you want. Change colors, looks, background, etc...

The changes can be serious or silly. The changes don't have to make the car more desirable, they just have to make it different.

You are showing off your creativity and your chopping skills.

You must use the original picture as your starting point. Try to keep some semblance of the original pic.

You can make up to 2 entries! But if you do, they have to be significantly different from each other. Please send me final copies only. NO revisions after entry. Once you've entered, that's your entry.

If more than 20 entries are received, I might not use "2nd" entries. So please indicate which one you prefer, in case of that scenario.

Chopping is anonymous!:

Do NOT post your images here in this thread. Instead, E-mail them to: [email protected].
Do not send a link to the picture. Send the picture itself. Please send it in JPG format. Please do not write your name anywhere in your picture.
In your e-mail (but not your picture) please include your user name, even if you think that I know who you are.

You have until Thursday at Midnight to submit your entries, so there is no need to rush right away. Quality takes time. Voting will start on Friday.

Same rule in effect. If you enter, you MUST vote. Contestants that do not vote will be penalized.


Here's the pic to modify:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,497 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

this should be interesting. i HATE the G5 with a passion, it's very existence is proof that pontiac dealers are panzies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,673 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

camaroman22 said:
this should be interesting. i HATE the G5 with a passion, it's very existence is proof that pontiac dealers are panzies.

isnt there a ban on saying that? or was it a joke?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,064 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

one thing i seemed to realize is that the taillight lenses are solid red on the coupe (with the reverse lights in the bumper), as opposed to red with the imbedded reverse light..... small detail, but it does for some reason look much better..... seems like a common theme with the G5, solstice, grand prix, some older pontiacs as well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,478 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

Until I got into modding this picture, I did not realize how handsome the G5/Cobalt are (can be) - if only GM had gone the last couple inches to make them attractive ....

oh well .. maybe next time.

Igor
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,366 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

I like this one! It's too bad it wasn't a front end picture though. Someone seriously should do a Cobalt one and submit it..as a joke of course. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

camaroman22 said:
it's very existence is proof that pontiac dealers are panzies.
Since when did dealers start dictating what's going on at Warren, Michigan in the studios? Sorry, but Pontiac dealers had nothing to do with the G5 (AKA Pursuit to our Canadian neighbors) nor does any other GM dealer with any other GM vehicle when it comes right down to it. Most of the decision making process occurs above their level, but they do have a little input just not enough to lay total blame upon for a miserable design or resulting vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,497 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

wheelguy said:
Since when did dealers start dictating what's going on at Warren, Michigan in the studios? Sorry, but Pontiac dealers had nothing to do with the G5 (AKA Pursuit to our Canadian neighbors) nor does any other GM dealer with any other GM vehicle when it comes right down to it. Most of the decision making process occurs above their level, but they do have a little input just not enough to lay total blame upon for a miserable design or resulting vehicle.
actually, pontiac dealers had very much to do with it. you see, they were all whining to GM because they didn't have a cheap entry-level car to lure people into the showrooms. not that they really need it, what with the solstice, G6, and the GT/GXP lines. but yes, i am right and you are wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,991 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

In 2005 in canada it was just Pursuit. Now for 2006 its G5 Pursuit.
I wonder if 2007 will be G5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

camaroman22 said:
actually, pontiac dealers had very much to do with it. you see, they were all whining to GM because they didn't have a cheap entry-level car to lure people into the showrooms. not that they really need it, what with the solstice, G6, and the GT/GXP lines. but yes, i am right and you are wrong.
:clap:

A prime candidate for upper management at GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,497 Posts
Re: Current Contest #112: G5

wheelguy said:
:clap:

A prime candidate for upper management at GM.
haha, i guess. everyone on here seems to have better ideas then gm tho, maybe they should just give GMIers all the big roles.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top