GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Current Contest #109: Results!

I feel glad to have people think my 3rd entry ever was a chop by Rex!:)

Thanks for all the votes and everyone did a great job!

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I've been so busy at work lately, that I'm not focusing all my efforts into my chops. So the last few weeks haven't been my best. I still lke participating though, and would rather enter a quickie chop than no chop at all.

I'll be back. Bigger, better, stronger. Watch out!

·
Registered
112 Posts

Thanx for everyone's support. That was fun chop, making a more muscular toy ala Hummer-like w/o the cliche Hummer design cues. Thanx, Prov, coming from one of da top choppers. Daban, great to see & enjoy your handiwork, hope to see more of 'em.

Till next.

Note: Did this chop on a friend's computer with a darker, lower contrast monitor settings. Only later to see sloppy shadows on my own computer. Got 2 be more careful with what u see & have good monitor settings.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Botsapper, although your entry was well done (except for the winch thing on the front bumper), I feel that it doesn't have enough semblance to the original pic. It looks like you used parts of the orginal pasted onto a different background as opposed to modifying the original (if that makes sense).

Do you have the original picture you used with the new wheels and grass?

·
Registered
112 Posts

Rex, here's the original inspiration. An F650 monster truck. As you can see I used the wheels & undercarriage but I used the Silverado's sheetmetal. All of the 'rado's hood and wheelwells are pulled & stretched to totally new proportions. The 'rado's original fender bulges are exaggerated to create the extended wells. It was a little difficult to still create a cohesive design with correct proportions & perspective, hence the 'strange' semblance to the original.

Come to think of it, celebrity Beverly Hills face lifts often does that.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts