GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think what made Saturn sell so many cars initially was a great marketing campaign and the dealership experience. They have neither now so is it a surprise that their market isn't there either?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Saturn? What's a Saturn?
Saturn (pronounced /ˈsætɚn/[9]) is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second largest planet in the Solar System, after Jupiter. Along with the planets Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune it is classified as a gas giant (also known as a Jovian planet, after the planet Jupiter). It was named after the Roman god Saturnus, equated to the Greek Kronos (the Titan father of Zeus) and the Babylonian Ninurta. Saturn's symbol represents the god's sickle (Unicode: ♄).
From Wiki!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
And then what did they follow it up with? Nothing. All of a sudden, you got the "Rethink" campaign... which had to be revised...
Even using the vaunted Donny Deutch... GM and Saturn somehow stumbled...

The issue here is that Saturn is the one GM division that has effected a complete turnaround. 100% new product line. Totally new face. Best reputation with consumers. Not tied to the GM legacy junk. And using one of the biggest names in advertising, still didn't get the word out?

Saturn was all in and had a straight flush. And somehow got beat.

Something just doesn't add up. I don't know where. But it just doesn't add up.
  • Small number of dealers.
  • Majority of previous owners have moved on(already lost the upsale).
  • Original campaign resonated with younger buyers, particularly females. New campaign resonates with.....
  • No longer different, or special dealer experience.
  • No one knows and more importantly, no one cares.....

Question: Did GM create Saturn dealerships with all the same strings as the older dealerships(Franchise Laws). I had it in the back of my mind that they didn't and so there wouldn't be the same problems getting rid of the brand....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts