GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consumer Reports names 6 most unreliable vehicles

Interesting reading.
http://http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2014/10/28/consumer-reports-unreliable-vehicle-list/18051389/

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Hood

When it comes to Consumer Reports' list of auto reliability, its survey singles out six vehicles — three cars, three crossover SUVs — as being especially troublesome.

They were the worst on the list.

In a couple of cases, the vehicles are new models, which are susceptible to shaky launches as automakers work out the bugs. Others have newfangled technology, such as gas-saving transmissions that are proving to be the culprit. Jeep Cherokee, for instance, has an innovative nine-speed transmission and Consumer Reports says Nissan Pathfinder is having trouble with its CVT transmission.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MODS:

What am I doing wrong ????

I didn't mean to post this twice. I am trying to delete this one but when I click on "Edit Post", I get a blank box???

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
Link no workee.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
This is the issue I have with Consumer Reports on this list....consumers complaining on how a CVT transmission shifts is NOT a reliability concern. If the transmission leaves you stranded that is a reliability concern....not test driving a car and how it shifts is your problem....it's like buying a manual transmission and complaining you have to shift gears.....

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Is the CLA really having those kind of problema?? Don't get me wrong, I hate that little piece of turd, but those are problems I wouldn't expect even in a Spark.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
This is the issue I have with Consumer Reports on this list....consumers complaining on how a CVT transmission shifts is NOT a reliability concern. If the transmission leaves you stranded that is a reliability concern....not test driving a car and how it shifts is your problem....it's like buying a manual transmission and complaining you have to shift gears.....
CR is a joke, end of problem. That said, the CVTs are as reliable as a 2 year old Jaguar. They are terrible and they will bite the ass of Japanese automakers in a future not that far away.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
CR is a joke, end of problem. That said, the CVTs are as reliable as a 2 year old Jaguar. They are terrible and they will bite the ass of Japanese automakers in a future not that far away.
Hasn't Nissan used the CVT in the Murano for like 10 years now? I haven't heard of super widespread, brand-tarnishing reliability problems

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
That's pretty much it. Oh how I hate having to coordinate that mean ol' shifter thingie and that dumb 3rd pedal on the floor!! This car is SOOOO unreliable!!

From the looks of this joke list, it was cobbed together by that same semi-illiterate Forbes guy whose recent junk graced these pages.

■Fiat 500L: The boxy Italian design has a balky infotainment system, using a version of Chrysler Group's UConnect, and transmission issues.

■Ford Fiesta: Owners responding to Consumer Reports' survey didn't like its automatic transmission.

■Mercedes Benz CLA: A raft of problems, including squeaks and rattles; engine issues, bad audio and electrical problems.

■Jeep Cherokee, with the four-cylinder engine: The nine-speed transmission was an issue and the four-cylinder version had twice as many complaints as the V-6.

■Jeep Grand Cherokee, with the diesel engine: Owners reported that the new engine gave them fits when it came to the fuel system.

■Nissan Pathfinder: The new one has a new CVT and owners didn't like it.

Hoo boy, where to start?
Fiat 500L: Balky entertainment system. "Transmission issues." WTF does that mean?
Fiesta: Owners didn't like the auto trannie.
Mercedes CLA: Squeaks and rattles. :rolleyes: Bad audio. "Engine issues." Please be specific.
Cherokee: 9A had "issues." Owners like the V6:) more than they like the four. :eek:
Cherokee diesel: Try putting DIESEL FUEL in, vs. gasoline. JHC, how lame is lame?
Pathfinder: Owner didn't like the trans in the car they bought.

Seriously people. You might notice I will occasionally remark that a piece posted here NEEDS A FREAKIN EDITOR!!

This baloney needs a rewrite. I know my 11th grade English teacher would've sent it back to me with red all over it and REWRITE in all caps at the top.

This sewage is what passes for automotive writing today? :fall:

Reactions: Speedjerk

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hasn't Nissan used the CVT in the Murano for like 10 years now? I haven't heard of super widespread, brand-tarnishing reliability problems
I'm on my 2nd Maxima with a CVT (2007 and my current 2012) and both cars were/are flawless in the powertrain dept. It's the more powerful 3.5L V6 that really fits that CVT. The reaction time from when you ask for more power and when the CVT reacts at speeds more than 30 mph is faster than any traditional...non-sports car auto trans (no gear hunting possible here). I can see the less powerful and noisy I-4s being annoying though.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Honda isn't having that many troubles with CVT's in the newest products. The Accord has had one for 3 model years now without too much fuss. I think you're over exaggerating. A lot.

Reactions: sfbreh

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Well, Nissan is taking the prize for poor vehicles. Its Quest has flunked the safety test so bad that one tested quipped that he has never seen such a result--they had to pry the crash dummies out of the minivan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.