GM Inside News Forum banner

Confirmed: HSV Tourer Sportwagon Due Late 2008 - First Picture Released!

13K views 56 replies 34 participants last post by  mikmak 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
HSV names its tough Tourer
Samantha Stevens | May 12, 2008
http://www.wheelsmag.com.au

The HSV Tourer will get Clubsport R8-style punch and goes on-sale in October...

...Holden Special Vehicles has revealed more than a new engine at its LS3 launch in Perth this morning.

The Holden performance arm has finally given a name to its wagon: the HSV Tourer, and it will go into production around the same time as the Holden Sportwagon in September for an October on-sale date.

Spec levels will mirror those of the Clubsport R8, with 317kW at 6000rpm and 550Nm at 4600rpm on tap.

HSV says the wagon will be as rigid as the sedan, with a slight weight gain and corresponding hike in fuel consumption.

continued here

HSV confirms Tourer wagon
Toby Hagon, May 12, 2008
www.drive.com.au

HSV is set to bring back a high performance Tourer wagon as part of its model expansion.

HSV has confirmed it will reintroduce a high performance wagon called the HSV Tourer.

Similar in performance and specification to the HSV ClubSport R8, the HSV Tourer wagon will be based on the upcoming Commodore Sportwagon.

The HSV Tourer will be start production in September 2008 and be on sale in October 2008.

“Today we announce our firm commitment to launch a product off the wagon platform,” says HSV managing director Scott Grant. “It will be based on the ClubSport R8 … and add more versatility to the HSV brand.”

Like the HSV ClubSport R8, the HSV Tourer will be powered by a 317kW 6.2-litre V8.

continued here

See less See more
#7 ·
That is definitely the hottest front end.

#10 · (Edited)
Interesting to see how Australian cars are starting to shed their once locally trumpeted conservative shells..That is a very aggressive front end. Maybe it has to do with their further integration into the American product mix.
Dude, that front end has been available since the HSV E series was released in 2006.

Here is the link to view HSV's entire product range from go to whoa.
http://www.hsv.com.au/cars/

#12 ·
:hyper: I do agree with asylum, it really does need a Senator front end.:yup:

:bounce:

#15 ·
I swear, if Pontiac ever gets the Sportwagon for the G8 line, I'd be all over it. I prefer wagons over SUVs and this wagon is awesome

#21 ·
Oh yeah!

#24 ·
i don't see just a whole lot of reason why that shouldn't be a Pontiac. pick up the sales that were given away by Chrysler when they dropped the Magnum, and it would be a phenomenal alternative to an SUV. i'd love a V6 version of that. reasonable fuel mileage and lots of utility, and a bit of fun to drive on top of it all.

#28 ·
The problem with that argument is that Magnum sales were so good the Chrysler cancelled the car. If the Magnum had been a good seller, I think GM would have brought the HSV to the US. I still think there is a possibility that they might bring it over as an SUV/CUV alternative. I would certainly pick one over one of the Lambda's. (and i really do like the Lambda CUVs)

#27 ·
If Pontiac doesn't bring this over sometime in the next 3-4 years, I think I'll look for a used 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi. I like the Saab, but IMO Saabs are overpriced when new and don't hold their resale value very well, which should make finding a used '08 in a couple years a solid find. But the Holden Commodore Sportwagon looks bigger. I'd prefer that!

#30 ·
Looks great. Now bring it to the US.

Some of us Americans like having great handling AND cargo capacity.

#34 ·
I like the idea of a fast large wagon, but the front air dam looks like it's off of my upright vacuum cleaner, which ruins it for me. Probably looks better in person, when you're not staring at it from knee-level.

Our local dealer finally has a G8, which I'll go take a look at tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.