GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cadillac Confirms New 2016 CTS-V for Detroit Show.
Carscoops
By: John Halas
December 16, 2014

After revealing the V6-powered ATS-V Coupe and Sedan in LA last month, Cadillac is revving up its engines for the world premiere of the almighty 2016 CTS-V at the Detroit Auto Show in January.

Cadillac officials confirmed the news to Autoblog.com through an invitation to the firm's press conference in Detroit, without releasing any other details about the car.

We've spied the new CTS-V sedan, which will likely launch as a 2016 model in North America, on multiple occasions, so we have a rough idea of what it will look like.

Most sources point to the use of a detuned version of the 6.2-liter supercharged V8 found in the new Corvette Z06 producing somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-horses paired to an eight-speed automatic driving the rear wheels, though, we've also heard rumors about the use of GM's upcoming 4.5-liter twin-turbo V8 previewed on the Elmiraj Concept.

Either way, the new CTS-V will be a true powerhouse that will aim its guns towards the BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG high-performance saloons.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope the v's perfomance won't be a failure just like the z06's. It concerns me cause they share the same engine.
Not a failure, just a bit slower than expected. The Z06 would absolutely embarrass 99% of all cars on the road when it comes to track or performance driving. It's still an incredible machine that's one hell of a bargain.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I just ordered my tickets for the Industry Preview and I couldn't be more excited to walk through the doors. I usually try and hold off on going to GM until I can't stand it anymore, but this is gonna be hard this year.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Chassis is excellent. But it'll still need extra power to keep up. 600 HP ain't gonna cut it.
I think it should have more power just to push the segment, but I don't think it'll need to it. PTM is amazing. It got the C7 Z51 to C6 Z06 performance levels.

That being said, they should underrate it like they did for the Z06. Call it "650ish"

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Hope the v's perfomance won't be a failure just like the z06's. It concerns me cause they share the same engine.
How is the Z06 a failure?

I highly doubt it'll be detuned. GM finally caved in with that "nothing shall surpass Corvette" mentality. I fully expect the CTS-V to bring all 650 HP to the fight.
More. Z06 has closer to 680 hp/700 lb-ft according to that dyno a few weeks ago.

I just ordered my tickets for the Industry Preview and I couldn't be more excited to walk through the doors. I usually try and hold off on going to GM until I can't stand it anymore, but this is gonna be hard this year.
Ah, we have an edger in our ranks!

Agreed. M5 and the next E63 will probably be at around 600 HP. Plus Alpha can take it.
Plus they'll be lighter and at least the E is getting AWD (for straightline, but wutevs)

Hopefully this is available in AWD. That's really a deal break IMO. Same with VSport in RWD only.
Won't be. Vsport better get AWD.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.