GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Confirmed: 2009 G8 Gets XM, Bluetooth
http://www.gminsidenews.com

GM has updated their online ordering guide to include the 2009 Pontiac G8. GMI has been told that the 2009 model G8 will start production in April of this year, so nonetheless, the 2008 model-year is going to be a short one for the G8.

2009 is going to add XM Radio and Bluetooth hands-free calling standard on all G8 models. The Bluetooth includes a "Human-Machine Interface."

There are also rumors that the G8 is going to gain a GXP performance model. The car is supposedly powered by the 6.2L LS3 V8 with a 6-speed manual and optional 6-speed automatic. The GXP's body is said to resemble the Holden Commodore HSV.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Great news Nsap. I'm guessing no nav untill the next gen. or MCE if there even is one.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I thought that Bluetooth was going to be standard/available throughout the entire GM lineup or am I just thinking Cadillac?

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought that Bluetooth was going to be standard/available throughout the entire GM lineup or am I just thinking Cadillac?
Yes, it will be on nearly every 2009 GM model. However it was questioned on the G8 due to the fact that it uses different switchgear/electronics.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Any word on a 6 speed manual for the GT or base model (heck, even a 5 speed stick for the V6 would be better than nothing). I know most people will be getting the automatic, but the G8 is not a proper revival without one. I'd forgo leather, power locks, windows, etc. in exchange for a stick--just to show how important that is (although I shouldn't have to).

The G8 has a lot of stuff in it that is done right, being the first RWD Pontiac sedan in 20 years, not the least among them. But the purists will want a stick, and right now purists are the only ones who even know or care that Pontiac exists. The CTS is a great car, but it is also a luxury sedan in addition to a sports sedan, so Pontiac would do well to attack the sport sedan angle (which is also the purist angle), and it can't even pretend to do that without a stick. Great job GM. Now finish it.

·
Banned
17,572 Posts
Any word on a 6 speed manual for the GT or base model (heck, even a 5 speed stick for the V6 would be better than nothing). I know most people will be getting the automatic, but the G8 is not a proper revival without one. I'd forgo leather, power locks, windows, etc. in exchange for a stick--just to show how important that is (although I shouldn't have to).

The G8 has a lot of stuff in it that is done right, being the first RWD Pontiac sedan in 20 years, not the least among them. But the purists will want a stick, and right now purists are the only ones who even know or care that Pontiac exists. The CTS is a great car, but it is also a luxury sedan in addition to a sports sedan, so Pontiac would do well to attack the sport sedan angle (which is also the purist angle), and it can't even pretend to do that without a stick. Great job GM. Now finish it.
GT should get the stick in 2009.

Base I don't think ever will.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I thought the online ordering system had a more advanced engine option buried in it too... remember reading it on one of the g8-specific websites.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I am impressed ALL G8's get Bluetooth! And GXP's will resemble the Commodore HSV, someone must be listening! Now if only they would get NAV in the G8, lord know its made for it!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Not a fan of XM, though I do love the BlueTooth, I am hoping for the nav system, and the reason I hate XM is I do not want to pay monthly for radio service just for no commericals

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
HSV dealers, who are just about out of LS2-engined stock, are advising customers that cars not delivered will receive a 325Kw 6.2 litre motor. That is ~ 435hp.

HSV has been embarrassed, the LS2 hasn't been made for nearly a year and HSV had enough stockpiled for 2007 and supposedly through to about Sept 2008. Demand has been so great they've run out. Someone on one of the G8 boards had access to an order guide listing GXP, 6.2 and 6-speed manual. K-Pow the colour is going, and a new metallic gray coming.

I'm not sure why Pontiac doesn't supply the V6 with manual, except maybe their research shows a very low likely takeup. They don't sell reams of SV6 manuals here, but it is a fair bit quicker than the 5-speed auto.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.