GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a sedan I drew up in October and recently just found the drawing and freshened it up real quick. This is not a perfect sketch but hey, I think it'd make a pretty cool replacement for the DTS/STS if that still is going to happen.

Concept Cadillac ATS

Comments appriciated.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is pretty cool looking. I can see where you're going with this. There are a couple perspective issues but whatever.

With the original Art & Science iteration, as well as the more recent incarnation which debuted with the '08 CTS, every car, truck, crossover, you name it, has the vertical jewel-like headlamps. And though I like your headlights too, are you sure you wanna mess with that?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you are right on that part, but this is just a conceptual idea i had. To see what non-vertical headlamps would play on Cadillac style...I did consider the vertical headlamps, but for some reason I kept coming up with CTS-like designs for headlamps...this idea was originally thought up in October.

Since then this car has gone back to the drawing board. My problem was that I couldn't overcome some design issues with the vertical headlamps. But now I have found how to make them work very effectively. I will show off the revised car after I get done with my Nomad for the contest.

I really just want to hear what you all honestly think about the idea. Would you all accept this as a new Cadillac? Agree, Disagree...Call it names, I don't care...I'm looking for your criticism in order to become a better designer!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I'd like to see the lights look like the vertical stack shown by Bob Lutz on the 60 Minutes Show. Also I would expect a fully powered hood ornament like that type found on a Rolls Royce. The ride and handling would have to rival Mercedes Benz S Class and Lexus LS 460L, and the interior should be edgy ala Jaguar XF.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Okay my two cents' worth...

I agree with the others: go for the vertical headlight look. That should define Cadillac's "face". Keep it from being as wedge-like as the CTS. I like the tall grille and almost bluff front appearance. That'll not only keep it "Cadillac" looking but will help make it more distinctive within the Caddy lineup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.