GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
salbracht said:
Yup, Bob gave us a car for under $20,000.

$19,995. Of course that doesn't include anti-lock brakes, power windows, power locks, cruise control, etc. etc. It doesn't even include floor mats!

Steve
Yeah I figured that's how it would be. I can't even imagine the Solstice without foglights, they are integral to the whole front end. I guess I would have to see.

I think not offering an automatic will lose same sales to the Saturn Sky. The Solstice should have every option the Sky has. I think those two will be battling for sales. At least the Solstice starts about $5,000 less than the Sky.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Everyone complains you cant get a stripped out race car anymore...and when Lutz makes it, nag nag nag.

Which is exactly why I say dont listen to enthuisasts.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
BigAls87Z28 said:
Everyone complains you cant get a stripped out race car anymore...and when Lutz makes it, nag nag nag.

Which is exactly why I say dont listen to enthuisasts.
I am all for a stripped down version. The good thing about the Solstice is that you can have it fairly nicely loaded for just over $25,000 which it that category is a great deal.

I guess the pricing is set up in a way that the Solstice and Sky will not compete too much since the Sky starts pretty much where the Solstice leaves off in price.

I can't wait to drive one.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Bare bones or not, its still a good price. This car is going to be a good thing, the only way it could flounder is if dealers jack up the price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
a sports/roadster without a limited slip or abs is not "stripped down" it's just ill-equipped.

Again, another case making Ming's point. To get the good stuff from GM you have to pay out the azz. Hell, my lowly camaro had a limited slip, a/c, 6 speaker cd, and abs standard.

How much longer until the turbo version comes out? I'm sure the solstice will take a dent out of the miata's but I don't think it will do much else.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sometimes these post kill me.:brick If you don't like the equipment of the Solstice, or you don't understand the pricing, you haven't been paying attention. This car is exactly what Lutz said it would be. This is one of those cars we have been waiting for. You still get 18 inch wheels, a glass rear window in the top, 4 wheel disc brakes. I think some of you just like to bitch.:rolleyes:
Those who aren't bitching and are interested look at these.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know what the Solstice looks like without fog lamps? Will there be some sort of grill in place of the fog lamps or an entirely new fascia. My guess would be a grill. Any pics/photos out there?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have always favored idea that customer is not forced to take what he doesnt want.

Personally I dont want power windows, or A/C, I hate fog lights, I would never ever use cruise, I dont want to hear music when driving and so on...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts