GM Inside News Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Those are one off events and what do you think will happen to their attendance when there are no Australian stars racing because there is no more grass roots motorsport.
Has GM been contributing to grassroots? Red Bull and Supercars yes, but I am not so familiar with recent efforts elsewhere. Have I missed something?

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
No proper article yet?

Fyi The other GM fan site has a full article on Holden's demise with comment from Mary Barra and Mark Reuss.
This joint (like GM itself) hasn't given a flying **** about Holden for years
Nice. Excuse me for having a paying job and not being able to snap to it. Did you guys miss anything?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Has GM been contributing to grassroots? Red Bull and Supercars yes, but I am not so familiar with recent efforts elsewhere. Have I missed something?
Not because of GM but Holden pulling out of Australia means the end of the supercar series as well at the end of 2020. Half the series is street circuits and we have lost a lot of permanent race tracks recently. Sandown will most likely be gone soon and circuits like the bend really aren't going to help because they are a bit far out of town.

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
Not because of GM but Holden pulling out of Australia means the end of the supercar series as well at the end of 2020. Half the series is street circuits and we have lost a lot of permanent race tracks recently. Sandown will most likely be gone soon and circuits like the bend really aren't going to help because they are a bit far out of town.
2021 Most likely

New rules meant to come in 2022 could be fast tracked but I fail to see how anything will be close the same

Good luck getting the rivalry on the hill at Bathurst with any other brand

Reactions: hq308

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
2021 Most likely

New rules meant to come in 2022 could be fast tracked but I fail to see how anything will be close the same

NO ford VS Holden = few fans

most spectator sports have an "enemy" team to cheer against

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
2021 Most likely

NO ford VS Holden = few fans

most spectator sports have an "enemy" team to cheer against
Camaro vs Mustang ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
i would put money on the team that is owned by the company that imports and converts Camaros not racing a GM branded car in the series next year.

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
i would put money on the team that is owned by the company that imports and converts Camaros not racing a GM branded car in the series next year.
There is a good chance they will run a Holden Commodore but it wont be branded a Holden Commodore

I don't see how they can fast track gen 3 in that quick and there is no reason they cant use ZB for another 3 years if they want to

I think though that the original timeline will be gen 3 in 2022 and 1 more year of ZB with no badges on it like how Erebus ran their own logo on the ZB as a protest when they didn't get any Holden funding

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
In any regard, 2020 will be a milestone in V8Supercars, farewelling the Holden brand even if they dead leg the cars for a few years.

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
In all honesty I think Supercars is dead

Seamer is talking about Utes and Vans and OMG no one really wants to watch that do they?

Only way it works is if they leave the mustang there and add other 2 door sports cars like say Supra , BMW 6 series?, Merc ect ect

At that is it really relevant to what the fans drive and buy?

Probably not

But the fans will change like they have before however the heyday is gone

At least we had 27 good years

61 - 78 of 78 Posts