GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
OMG! BENTLEY HAS GONE FLEET!

I can rent one of those as well. This thread makes no sense.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Back in the 80s my cousin and I used to pool our cash on Fridays
and run down to Greyhound RAC in West Palm Bch. Fl. and rent
a new Corvette or a 5.0 Stang to pound on all weekend !!!!!!!!
$39 bucks a day was real cheap fun!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Big deal, you can rent a Corvette, so what??? You go to major cities like that and you can rent just about anything, F430, Gallardo, Bentley, they have it all. I dont see anyone complaining that Ferrari or Lambo went fleet.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
So we have a lot of people on here who actually buy used Vettes right???

U have rented a car before right???

I have... and I will tell U that I damm sure didn't treat it like it was min.
Actually, I do take care of the cars I rent. I frequently rent upper scale cars - my last two were a Cadillac CTS and an Infinti G35. I take care of the cars I rent, simply because that is what responsible people do.

I'm glad Avis is renting Corvettes now, I don't use Avis much, but if these are going to be in the fleet, I may.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
So what, I can go downtown right now and rent a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche etc... just as easily. I don't see any problem with selling Corvettes to rental companies. Its not like they're Chrysler 300s or Impalas by the hundreds piled up on rental lots.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts
There was a beautiful yellow one sitting at the Avis at the Phoenix, Airport on Monday.

I of course got a POS less than base Dodge Caliber. Manual locks that are not even connected to lock when you turn the key. Roll up windows. It did have an aux jack for the radio and drover pretty well for what it was. I found the interior in this less horribly executed than the craptastic Sebring interior.

·
Registered
277 Posts
So we have a lot of people on here who actually buy used Vettes right???

U have rented a car before right???

I have... and I will tell U that I damm sure didn't treat it like it was min.

IN FACT... Hertz does the Mustang GT rental thing. Back in the 60's they did too... It was a MANY of cats who would rent a Mustang for the weekend just to take it to the track. I'm sorry bro... but I don't wanna buy a used 430HP car that not just one driver was in... but 15 or 20 different drivers abusing it.

I mean seriously... have U ever driven yours and not thought... "DAMN!!! I should be driving this the way my mom drives her Corolla."?

THANK GOD... .they aren't renting MN6s
Then don't buy one. These days it's easy enough to find out the history of your used car.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.