GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
It was in the other AIMS thread about the LPG and stuff. It looks like a metallic olive drab. I thought they'd killed that colour with the VZ but apprently not. Mind you, I haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ah, so the un-drab olive is back. Wasn't such a bad colour in the end, once you got used to it. Still looked it's best in the dark though.

EDIT: It was called Martini Mica wasn't it? I think that's the right name for the colour (as opposed to the name of a different colour), and it's just a little cconfusing as that particular colour did seem to vary quite a bit depending on the sun. It could be anything from a metallic take on US Army Jeep Drab Olive to a Khaki made fmaous by the Indian Ghurkas.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Saw one in the flesh(i think) the other day at motorama on a statesman. Looked like a dark metallic bronze brown colour. i wouldn't won't one but it's not tragic. The colour is different to any one that was on the VZ/VY editions

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
This be it

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a Camry colour! Looks a bit like some of the various similarly hued options that have already existed, i.e. Champagne Mica. After reading cedarman's description I was hoping it was a fair bit deeper..

..ala Kingswood.

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
That's a Camry colour! Looks a bit like some of the various similarly hued options that have already existed, i.e. Champagne Mica. After reading cedarman's description I was hoping it was a fair bit deeper..

..ala Kingswood.
Now that would have been cool. There was one in a car yard when I was a kid. It had red interior to go with the olive metallic paint. I wanted her so bad. :yup:

Anyone seen a red HQ interior? It's the only one I've every seen.:confused:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Yes a friend had one - it was - different. Too much red I thought.

I was looking for a pic and found this for sale. If only I had a spare $25K - this is AWESOME.

1974 Holden Monaro HQ GTS

·
Premium Member
18,180 Posts
cobra is my new favourite! looks like an army green/brown in the flesh... would love to see a cobra SS-V wagon with black rims and dark tint
How about the Challenge Alloys? I've never seen them in real life though. Does anyone actually order them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.