Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at the GM US website and the XFE is listed all over the place now:

http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/

The city and HWY both went up:

city hwy
25 36

Also it looks like the 2008 Malibu LTZ 2.4/6speed auto will get better FE than the 09 Camry and 08 Accord (I found this on the GM Dealerworld site):

car trans engine city hwy combined
08 Malibu LTZ 6spdauto 2.4 22 32 27

09 Camry 5spdauto 2.4 21 31 26
08 accord 5spdauto 2.4 21 31 26

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just on Chevy's website and built my own 4-cyl LTZ, and they dont even cut you a break on the smaller engine?
That's really strange. They show the 4 cylinder Spring package as a no cost option - seems there should be some discount for the 6? I believe I read that for 2009 the four cylinder 6 speed becomes standard on LTZ and the 3.6 is an option, no?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
This is awesome. The Malibu is now more efficient than the Camry.

So where is Toyota's efficiency advantage again? The Silverado and Tahoe are more efficient than the Tundra and Sequoia. The Impala is more efficient than the Camry V6. The Malibu is more efficient than the Camry. The Cobalt is more efficient than the Corolla. The HHR is more efficient than the Matrix 2.4. Traverse is more efficient than the Highlander. HHR is more efficient than Rav4.

The only areas where Toyota has a clear advantage is with the Yaris, and their Hybrids. But those are in their own price class, so you can't compare them anyways.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
the lack of a price difference is probably a descrepancy.

These 4 cylinder LTZs are probably going to outsell the V6 versions, so I imagine that there wouldn't be a big price differnence.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
the lack of a price difference is probably a descrepancy.

These 4 cylinder LTZs are probably going to outsell the V6 versions, so I imagine that there wouldn't be a big price differnence.
Yes, the build feature on Chevrolet.com as numerous errors. I wouldn't trust it as a source of pricing info.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is awesome. The Malibu is now more efficient than the Camry.

So where is Toyota's efficiency advantage again? The Silverado and Tahoe are more efficient than the Tundra and Sequoia. The Impala is more efficient than the Camry V6. The Malibu is more efficient than the Camry. The Cobalt is more efficient than the Corolla. The HHR is more efficient than the Matrix 2.4. Traverse is more efficient than the Highlander. HHR is more efficient than Rav4.

The only areas where Toyota has a clear advantage is with the Yaris, and their Hybrids. But those are in their own price class, so you can't compare them anyways.
True. But its public perception that counts. Toyota, in the eyes of the public, could sell a rebadged abrams tank and most people would think its green!

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
is the XFE the only model available with the 1.4? They should have made it the standard motor, doesn't it only get 1 mpg better than the new 2.2 also?
I believe the XFE is the 2.2 liter 5-speed manual with the fuel economy "enhancements" (probably a taller overdrive gear) and VVT added to the 2.2 liter. I don't think the 1.4 liter comes out until the next generation Cobalt is introduced.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Yes, the build feature on Chevrolet.com as numerous errors. I wouldn't trust it as a source of pricing info.
I know this is slightly off topic but GM needs to get it's act together on their websites, you can't even search inventory on GMC's site. Try to find a Sierra Denali. It's a joke, why can't they list accurate information when they go live with an update. Some people have stated that they've seen old pictures from outdated models on current sites. I did too when the CTS site first went live. It's the little things like this that make a big difference. GM is shooting themselves in the foot if they don't fix these things.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Just on Chevy's website and built my own 4-cyl LTZ, and they dont even cut you a break on the smaller engine?
They DO...GM just hasn't updated their systems yet.

LTZ SPRING SPECIAL INCLUDES:
ENGINE, 2.4L DOHC MFI
17" WHEELS, CHROMETECH
(REPLACES STD/OPT WHEELS)
SINGLE CHROME EXHAUST

-$1,075.00

Of course, for '09, the LTZ trim sticker will just be trimmed by about this much in the first place, with the 2.4L standard and the 3.6L the option.

The first of these have been built, and should be rolling into dealers who've ordered them right about now. If you search the inventory on the GM sites, you should be able to find a couple.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe the XFE is the 2.2 liter 5-speed manual with the fuel economy "enhancements" (probably a taller overdrive gear) and VVT added to the 2.2 liter. I don't think the 1.4 liter comes out until the next generation Cobalt is introduced.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have VVT yet, VVT will come in '09.

·
Registered
803 Posts
They DO...GM just hasn't updated their systems yet.

LTZ SPRING SPECIAL INCLUDES:
ENGINE, 2.4L DOHC MFI
17" WHEELS, CHROMETECH
(REPLACES STD/OPT WHEELS)
SINGLE CHROME EXHAUST

-$1,075.00

Of course, for '09, the LTZ trim sticker will just be trimmed by about this much in the first place, with the 2.4L standard and the 3.6L the option.

The first of these have been built, and should be rolling into dealers who've ordered them right about now. If you search the inventory on the GM sites, you should be able to find a couple.
Thanks. I even tried this on MSN Autos.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.