GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone on here can help me. My 2006 colbot just started leaking last week. I have 60,575 kms on it. And when I called the dealer to
get it looked at they said its only covered under a 60,000 km warranty!
I was away on vacation and this happened at that time it was still 59,000 now what to do. It goes into the dealer this week! I do not think I though have to pay for a leaky sunroof!!! what the heck does a 60,000km warranty do with a sunroof leak issue??? Anyone HELP!:confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Re: Colbot sunroof leaks!!!

Cobalt* But hmm, maybe try calling another dealership to see if they'll honor your warranty even though it's (just slightly) expired.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts

Your bumper-to-bumper warranty is 60,000kms. Beyond that, GM won't pay for the repairs unless the dealership covers it under goodwill. That's how a warranty works.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts

Your bumper-to-bumper warranty is 60,000kms. Beyond that, GM won't pay for the repairs unless the dealership covers it under goodwill. That's how a warranty works.
If you call Chevrolet customer service and explain things, they would most likely cover at least a percentage of it; if not the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts

I may not be so bad, another one did it to me last week, it was just a misalligned drain channel in the door pillar. 20 min fix....actually had a bullitin about it...it was opn 09 tho.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

How many km's did it have when it was driven off the lot? If it was more than 575, you're still covered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for all the great advise. It is a leased vehicle. There were 5kms on it when I got it. I would have taken it in but I was out of town on the Friday and it leaked Friday night. I was not back home until Sunday. I called first thing Monday morning but It was then over the kms. I out about 500 kms on the car over the weekend. So either way I was screwed. I will ask about "goodwill" and see if they will meet me half way. I was thinking on buying the car out when the lease expires but now I am giving it a second thought!. It goes in tomorrow and I will let you all know how I made out.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts

I was thinking on buying the car out when the lease expires but now I am giving it a second thought!. It goes in tomorrow and I will let you all know how I made out.
You're having second thoughts about the car just over this? If so, better keep leasing- you'll never be happy with owning any car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

You're having second thoughts about the car just over this? If so, better keep leasing- you'll never be happy with owning any car.
I guess you should not judge until you know the whole story. But I guess that is what you do. This thread was about a leaking sunroof. I have had many other issues with my Cobolt this is the final issue that made me realize that I may not buy the car when the lease is donet.

So your advise is welcome your ignorance is not.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

Colbot... is that a good or evil transformer? ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well they will cover it through warranty. So that is good...but funny when you bring it into a dealer they find so much else they can fix.hmmmmm

its a good transformer..lol

·
Registered
369 Posts

It's just so funny to see people buy a car and doesn't even know how to write it's name! I mean it's written on the back of your car, on the driver manual, on your contract, on your registration info and yet you sign up with the wrong username and still insist to use cobolt instead of cobalt... wow.

·
Premium Member
35,878 Posts
Hey the name was finally changed to this thread! I saw it for days and thought "wow.... ".
So what's the problem with Coblat? I kinda like its ring.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts