GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Chevrolet.com no longer lists an SS Coupe. The list now includes SS Supercharged, LS and base.

Anybody know anything about this? Maybe the SS has been downgraded to an option package?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Delay, after delay, after delay...I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them till 2005 as early 2006 models now.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
this is info on the upcoming pontiac pursuit (for the canadian market), from gmacnada.com:

The Pursuit offers sporty performance with two different engines and transmissions. The Pursuit offers two race-inspired Ecotec four-cylinder engines -- a standard 140 horsepower 2.2-liter engine on base and SE trims plus a 170 horsepower 2.4-liter engine standard on the GT version.

The 2.2-liter and 2.4-liter dual overhead camshaft (DOHC) engines feature aluminum block and cylinder heads, counter rotating balance shafts, roller finger follower valve lifters, chain driven camshafts, electronic throttle control, coil-on-plug ignition, GM Oil Life System and extended life spark plugs and coolant.

With the new 2.4-liter engine, variable valve timing (VVT) is introduced to the Ecotec family. The new VVT system uses electronically controlled hydraulic camshaft phasers to alter the relationship of the intake and exhaust camshafts as much as 50 degrees relative to the crankshaft for improved performance and efficiency.

Mated to the Ecotec 2.2-liter engine in the Pursuit is a standard Getrag five-speed manual and available Hydra-Matic 4T45-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission. The compact and efficient five-speed manual features five synchronized forward gears and a synchronized reverse gear. The 4T45-E is engineered to deliver transparent shifts in a quiet and durable package. The 2.4-litre engine is mated to the Hydra-Matic 4T45-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission.
brilliant move GM! we wouldn't want the performance division to offer performance options, now would we? as in the past with many of GM's cars the more powerful engine is coupled with an automatic and no manual. seems pretty silly to me. pontiac deserves to founder if they're not going to back up the 'excitement' tag.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by jfnz24@Jul 20 2004, 06:53 PM
Delay, after delay, after delay...I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them till 2005 as early 2006 models now.
Delay? Delay of what? They havent started production yet, but we should start seeing 2.4's enter the market early 05 I belive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.