GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to GM, pricing for the All new 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt will be announced later this summer. Pricing is said to be "competitive" with the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic compact sedans and coupes.

Honda Civic Pricing:
$13,500 - $21,140

Toyota Corolla Pricing:
$14,085 - $16,095

So I would say...
$13,000-$22,000

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its quite a spread for quite a lineup, the Cobalt will have several trim levels:

Cobalt (Base $13,000)
Cobalt LS
Cobalt LT
Cobalt SS
Cobalt SS Supercharged (Top of the Line $22,000)

The Civic has a large spread, and it is the Cobalt's biggest competitor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The a good reference could be the Ion and Ion Redline. As the same engine is used.

The Ion Redline is 20-21K? Correct? A Cobalt SS-SC at 22K is a good estimate.

I'm hoping a 5 speed(if they exist) SS-non-SC is around 18K, and there are some incentives.

Question......does the SS-non-SC offer the nice interior etc. Meaning other than the engine and gauges, spoiler, it's the same car correct?

·
Registered
48 Posts
To answer my own question.........the SS non-SC doesn't look like it has leather seats etc.

I was hoping Chevy would make 5 speed SS non-SC with all the nice interior etc. It just seems that a 2.4L 170hp has more potential than a 2.0 205hp.....that has ALREADY been supercharged.

I pity the fool that made that decision! :mrt:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Mestizo@May 26 2004, 01:55 AM
To answer my own question.........the SS non-SC doesn't look like it has leather seats etc.

I was hoping Chevy would make 5 speed SS non-SC with all the nice interior etc. It just seems that a 2.4L 170hp has more potential than a 2.0 205hp.....that has ALREADY been supercharged.

I pity the fool that made that decision! :mrt:
The Cobalt SS definitely has leather seats at least as an option and comes with metallic trim on the Dash. However these seats don't offer the color matching of the Cobalt SS Supercharged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts