GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone tried to steal the AM/FM aerial off of my girls car by untwisting it from the base. Seems they used pliers of some sort by the torn paint on the base. It must have been on pretty tight because they ripped the base out of the body and snapped the soldering on the inside of the trunk that attached the wire to a bracket.

Is there an adhesive thats used to secure the base to the body or is the base simply pushed through from the inside to form a seal?

Any info would be appreciated. The weather is bad and I don't want moisture pooling in the trunk.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cover the whole with bubble gum intill you get it fixed or garage it.
I'm actually thinking about removing the antenna and filling the hole with bondo since we don't listen to terrestrial radio.

I'd rather fix it for resale purposes.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

Callout
Component Name
Preliminary Procedures

Remove the right rear compartment trim panel.
Radio Antenna Bracket Assembly
Antenna Bracket Assembly Nut
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.
Tighten
9 N·m (80 lb in)
Radio Antenna Bezel

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Easy repair....you didn't list the year...so I picked 2006 off the top of my head....

You just need a base, maybe a bezel...and a mast...

I've seen this occur a lot after major sports events around here for some reason?????

Thankfully my Park Avenue has no external antenna & the Roadmaster is a power unit!!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Easy repair....you didn't list the year...so I picked 2006 off the top of my head....

You just need a base, maybe a bezel...and a mast...

I've seen this occur a lot after major sports events around here for some reason?????

Thankfully my Park Avenue has no external antenna & the Roadmaster is a power unit!!!
Thanks, I knew I could count on you. I would just PM you, but I thought I'd let you show the people how its done.

It's is an 05. Not sure if that makes a difference. It looks similar, but it was dark last time I saw it and I didn't have a light. I'll get a closer look when I get home and see if this matches up.

Do you see Cobalts a lot with this sort of thing? I'm sure the antenna is not fetching a high dollar at the chop shop. But I removed mine from my 06 and it took a whole lot of effort to pry it off without taking the whole assembly with it. So I can see how they ripped it off if they tighten them down that hard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts